#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Got a run under his belt, get him straight in.

1 Like

Heh - I’m pretty sure my picks were Francis then Weiderman - so I’m not doing too well there hahaha

Until melb traded up and we got pick 5 I think I was parish and burton at our 2nd

the bulk of returning players (7/10) are mids - including hard-core engine-room mids who are less flexible in other positions. Meaning he was inevitably gonna be playing on the outside alot more.
I can see him, McG and Zerrett doing alot of damage together - all so quick with the ball in traffic. Curious how much the former two have to come as far as physical size goes, because it;d make a very talented trio but a very small one too.

1 Like

I was 100% with you until you made the red hair comment.

Weiderman will be fine. Pretty promising player. Same goes for Francis. So you might end up doing well.

1 Like
2 Likes

We’ll save the announcement for when North rolls us.

2 Likes

As is the Essendon way.

Great to see him back! From the selfish perspective, my 8 year old son gets to see his favourite player when we go on Sunday.

1 Like

Daisy Parish

Im running with it

Run far and stay long

8 Likes

Any inside word of how long before he is signed up?

So Darce has freshened up on his inside mid skills in the 2s, ( Woosha was at pains to point out). Does this mean we will see him in at more stoppages in the Brissie game and beyond ?

I hope so, I’m not sure why we are not playing a young stoppage player who has shown he can match it at AFL level when our team is struggling at clearances.

4 Likes

best part of the vfl was how much they targeted him and how much he kept strutting around and dominating. Probably relishes being the centre of the other teams attention and having them dance to his tune.

3 Likes

If he’s stupid enough to sign up to a career of mediocrity at Essington then I don’t want him. Need good decision-makers in the midfield.

1 Like

lol

and people call the players pea-hearted

2 Likes

By that logic Essendon would be forever without any decent midfielders.

That’s the joke.

Also happens to be true sadly.

1 Like