#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

I reckon darcy, footballing wise, is probably our smartest player. Seems to have an instinctual understanding of the game, the tempo required and what will happen a few possessions down the chain.

I think I liked Cal Twomey’s summation the most that he gave after Darcy’s draft combine where he said something along the lines of: “Darcy isn’t the fastest player, the biggest kick, the best runner, the best mark or the best shot for goal in the draft. But he is the best footballer.”

He just seems to be one of the best handful of players on the ground for his team whenever he plays because he is just so well rounded.

11 Likes

Cracking game from him

Unlike Langford, Parish really is a midfielder

9 Likes

Love it when a plan comes together.
Deliberately developing his outside game early in the year led to a near perfect mix of inside and outside work.
With his innate sense of where to make space, and his willingness to kick more, the opposition can’t match him.
A Darcy of a game.

2 Likes

He’s a gun.

Still only 19 and playing his second season, lots to like.

And should be a midfield mainstay. End the ■■■■ hff experiment.

The only ones who attack the ball with the same ferocity are Hurley, Bags and Kel.
DP is still welterweight and is doing it at stoppages.
WOW

Hmm I dunno… seems to be working

1 Like

His best patch was when he went on ball when Zach went Down

5 Likes

I think Parish is a warrior, I suspect Woosha is rounding him as a player and let him get to his peak physically before throwing him into the inside midfield furnace full time.

He already has the brain, and when given the opportunity always shows his mettle.

I would think that Zac going down would put him in the mood for performing at his best, a warrior who will make us proud going forward, provided of course we can get him to sign a contract some time soon.

Could be our version of Joel Selwood.

5 Likes

That’s exactly how I see him.

A ducking, whining, free kick extractor?

11 Likes

really needs a haircut

It is called managing a young player so he is not exhausted before the season ends and allowing his body to develop without getting pummelled too much.

1 Like

Nah, a farking great inside/outside mid who will inspire his team and be a leader on and off field.

2 Likes

So more like Dangerfield than Selwood :grinning:

Doesn’t have the size or the speed.

3 Likes