#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Then why is Cassidy not seen as a top 5 prospect?

Unless he want to play with his brother and is deliberately shanking kicks to drop down the draft order. If he starts dropping out of TAC games with groin soreness we know the fix is on.

6 Likes

Ummmā€¦his kicking! Bad kicks usually drop into the twenties

Itā€™d take a pretty rare talent to be better than darcy (imo), just seems one of the most natural footballers weā€™ve drafted for a long time.

5 Likes

Parish doesnā€™t strike me as taller at all than 5.11.

Crawford was 5 9
Cousins was 5.10
Zaka is about 5 11

5.11 Seems about right for Darc

Talk about his brotherā€™ kicking is interesting, Darcy is a natural footballer and has rare intensity, the one thing of any concern is the odd fluffed kick. Everyone does a few, and he gets plenty right, just seems to fluff an easy one for no reason, just occasionally. Then again Watson started a career with a long period of much worse kicking , and has gone back there much of this year (although slowly getting back to ok) and earlier this year zaka had a bad run early before coming good and getting most really right (with the odd miss still thrown in).

With parish, his kicking isnā€™t elite, its solid. When he tries for those adventurous ones that only the elite can hit with regularity is when his kick looks bad. But he plays smart and puts it to space rather than trying to thread 5 needles with each kick.

Itā€™s great to have a few footballers - Zac, Fanta, and by the looks McGrath - in our team again.

3 Likes

My point was more directed at the Winch FC president, why would he say that when Cassidy is going to drop to late twenties or below and Darcy went at five.

Iā€™m from Winch, Cassidy is nowhere near Darc at the minute. Will be hard to compare them later as they are 2 completely different types of players.

7 Likes

sounds like a younger young Darcy Parish.

Looks great here. Super hands and awareness. Alot like Darcy in that respect.
Just the thoughtā€¦

4 Likes

Kicking is a big issue. Also a bit 1 dimensional. Can he play other spots apart from mid? Canā€™t see him going higher than a pick in the 30s-40ā€™s unless he can improve the kicking or play another role.

We took Clarke, a similar ā€œball magnetā€ type mid last year and apart from a regular stint at stoppages in the first 4 or so VFL games, he has been used as a high half forward, regularly notching up 22-26 touches. His kicking style has barely improved. Can we afford to pick another of this type of player ? There is no doubt they can win the ball and rack up the disposals, but how damaging are they ? I am hoping Clarke comes good in his second year. I guess its like monkeys on typewriters, if you pick enough ball winning players, eventually you might come up with a Cripps or a ( Tom) Mitchell. Maybe he will last to our 3rd round pick.

Anyone else getting really nervous that he hasnā€™t signed, and that thereā€™s no talk around about it happening imminently?
Would be shattered to lose him, especially with the jury still out on Francis (even though I think heā€™ll turn out really well). Would create a big hole in the list management plan.

#panicdollars

Safe as houses.

2 Likes

opinion or whipsers?

I want the sig to come through soonā€¦

Wow, Cassidy is a clone on how he moves.

But weā€™ve already got one promising midfielder on our list who canā€™t kick.

Nah, he would replace Jobey ā€¦

Ummmmā€¦ how dare you?

1 Like

l donā€™t do nervous over things l canā€™t control.
In this case l am confident he will sign.