#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Yep.

This year is only going to make him a better player.

I thought he was pretty good today. He is going to blow games out in the next few years with his run and skill level.

2 Likes

Well, play him as a inside mid and look what happens. Who woulda thought

8 Likes

but he’ll break.

Maybe the people who played him as an inside mid?

I thought he was the main positive today, you can look at 2018 and beyond and see exactly what sort of midfielder we have.

3 Likes

It might be forgotten in the washup, but.this was his best game for the club thus far.

EDIT: despite having one average decision entering 50 by foot.

2 Likes

He is a jet!

We keep trying big lumbering players as ‘clearance players’ when what we need is this guy. I’d be putting him and McGrath into the centre for the rest of the year.

4 Likes

Darcy “DP3” Parish.

1 Like

He was good again today in my opinion.

Was a bit sloppy with by foot a few times today which is uncharacteristic of him typically but he imposed himself on the game I thought and really tried to step up and lead the team to help get them over the line.

We have a future star on our hands here.

I expect a Zach Merrett-esque third season rise from this kid.

2 Likes

I reckon a really good post. Was so good and creative in tight.
As you mentioned his disposal was not perfect. His kicks were a little high and picked off by the opposition at times.
I think he’ll play mostly midfield next year and we’ll be a better team as a result.

1 Like

Thought he was brilliant in congestion today. A vital cog of our clearance team for the next decade. I really hope he can take that next step to elite level 2018/2019.

5 Likes

Massive opportunitiy for Darce this week.

Will no doubt get more midfield minutes and is the most obvious choice to replace Zerrett in the middle.

I have full faith he will play a fantastic game and notch up his first 30+ possession game.

2 Likes

if hes lining up on the HFF i’m gonna rip wooshas gold chain off.

1 Like

Even if he does, there is no doubt he will spend a lot of time in the middle this week.

Needs to be mentioned how fkn good he was this week, work rate around contests is class above and just keeps moving at pace, dat goal too was important

if he keeps this up could be the next darcy parish

4 Likes

He was immense, felt like he got way more of the ball than he actually did.

I too was paying particular attention to him around the packs and stoppages, he hits the contest so hard and at full pace, once it starts clicking with bellcho/leuy it’s going to be a sight to behold.

1 Like

…and he can pick the ball up cleanly, none of the fumbling like the rest of the team.

1 Like

Still reminds me of Ben Cousins.

Gun.

4 Likes

Was pretty shaky today and his disposal let him down. He’s still pretty creative but was not at this best.