#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

nah its a travesty. kept our 3rd best midfielder out of the midfield.

The travesty was the scenario with our returning mids and how much they struggled & thus provided us very little drive in the engine room.

1 Like

The real travesty was that dudes fish burger at the new Perth stadium.

4 Likes

Thread needed more travesty.

1 Like

Should ask Travesty Coyler

7 Likes

Do we dare traverse the Travis travesty?

1 Like

Travesty is that some here, not suggesting you Speedy, seem to blame our returning players for not being consistent and/or for keeping second year players out of rotations, and thus disregard the greatest travesty of all which was the reason they were ā€˜returningā€™. Travesty of travesties.
Travesty

PS put this in the same category as the ā€œJobe and Hepp were crapā€, despite being instrumental in getting us to the finals, camp

1 Like

Where has he been hiding those jets the last two years?

Showed some serious pace

1 Like

Is going to have some serious breakout kind of games this year.

32 Possessions
18 Contested possessions
8 Clearances
6 tackles
2 goals

5 Likes

I was surprised at some of his pace, breaking away from packs.

He is an inside mid. Just put the kid on the ball and rest him on the bench.

4 Likes

Has all the tools to be a good player.

Needs to get his production up now and lift his average possessions.

For the team to step up to the next level its players like Parish that need to continue to develop.

There was a centre stopagge in the last where the was a bit of a scramble and Conor jumped up and Spiked it 10m. Parish lept, turned and dished before landing to Smith who was steaming past him. It was exceptional. Smith unfortunately blazed away rather than steadying but it was exceptional by parish

6 Likes

I was just about to post this actually. Has he ever cracked 25 posessions in a game? Even games where i think he has been really dominant his stats come out at like 21 disposals. I think to elevate himself he needs to start hitting 25 and over a few times throughout the year.

2 Likes

25 or more disposals:
4 times 2017
3 times 2016 (debut year)

career high is 29, vs Western Bulldogs last year.

Only 2 years on the list. And looks like he is setting up for a big 3rd year.

18 Likes

There is a simple explanation for this. Last year he spent at least half his game time as a forward.

1 Like

Yep, his stats are good so far but itā€™s this third year that he needs to elevate his game in my opinion.

I think he can do it so Iā€™m not worried.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not the easiest thing in the world to get 25+ possessions as the 5th or 6th midfielder.

This year he has a real chance to elevate himself into a starting mid, he will get his 25+ easy from there.

He will have a great year. Low draft pick, now needed more in the midfield. Classic third year breakout

1 Like

Reckon heā€™ll do well this year, He looks to be a driven footballer.

I donā€™t know if forgotten is the right word, but I think he is a forgotten star of the side. Loved his first year, and was just as steady last year without making a massive leap up.

Looks to building a strong body and the reports of his JLT game are very encouraging. Importantly, heā€™ll have some excellent support around him, which will also motivate him to play at his good as them. Darcy is definitely one to watch this year.

3 Likes