#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

You come across as a pretty good footy brain imo and make a lot of valid points on this site. Some I don’t agree with but I think you understand footy pretty well and can analyse games pretty well

This whole parish thing is weird though man. He’s tracking, to me, and everyone else clearly, very well. He’s had a excellent start to the year, I’m not sure what else you want right at this current moment from him.

5 Likes

Most people want success now.

2 years is a long time.

ok so lets give him the chance to improve then?

im checking out of this thread now.

1 Like

Parish has two things to work on imo. He needs to flatten out his kicking and keep building a tank. He could probably also work on his aerial skills a bit. But he got most everything else covered and is so far down my list of concerns it’s not funny.

Thread has taken a most bizarre turn

I came into this season with high expectations on him to take the next step.

Not based on what I have seen because I’m not as big on him as others, but because we have invested a lot in him in terms of development.

I keep repeating myself but we know what we are going to get out of the Heppell and Merrett of the world. Smith has been a great addition but we need one or two more to take the next step.

Who else have we got that has played that we can honestly say will step up? Langford? Begley? McGrath?

The good sides bat far deeper than us and we all know it.

Some are wanting Myers back in the side. He is another that consistently has minimal influence and gets low possessions.

We need players to win more ball. And hopefully do something good with it.

Dkp broke km confirmed.

3 Likes

I have high expectations too, and I think parish needs to step up, I agree with that

To me, two rounds in, he has. I posted a little while ago that by the end of the season he’s going to be very, very good at the role he’s playing because from the two games I’ve seen, he’s already doing well in his role. He’s our leading clearance player.

@Killer_Mike not asking this with any malice, but as your post rate is threatening to break all time blitz records, I’ve been curiously wondering of late, are you an old bloke who has retired? Or a uni student?

1 Like

I think personally he needs to do more. That’s just me.

I would like also to see the club persist with Langford and somehow fast track Begley.

Stringer I have faith in being good around stoppages but it’s obvious he’s not going to be Dusty any time soon.

We have a young inexperienced midfield that has plenty of question marks.

You know I’m pretty positive around here in relation to where we are heading but I have also been critical of how we continue to develop our midfielders.

We have had poor midfields for a long time and I’m not sure what the answer is.

Haha, I’m getting challenged left right and centre😊

I’m neither. I’m a 38 year old that’s passionate about my team.

Have patience, develope the talent we have, draft more genuine mids with early picks.

I still think in hepp, Zerret, McGrath, parish, Smith and Langford we have a very strong core group that need game time together.

An absolutely dominant tap ruckman wouldn’t go astray either and we might have one on the way.

2 Likes

I don’t think we are developing the mids we have well though.

Our midfield has regularly been my concern and this year nothing has changed that much in the way we go about it.

If Myers comes straight back in then that will confirm it.

Yeah?? That’s a huge effort.

Up until 2016 I was at uni and would jump on here as a form of procrastination… so that meant a lot!

But since working full time I don’t know how you do it. I really don’t!! :hushed:
I like the passion.

1 Like

You need to find another job😊

1 Like

Bit of luck wouldn’t go astray in the mid-drafting department either…

1 Like

I apologise for bumping this thread earlier today. Might as well have shaken a wasp nest. The fact is “the club has been raving about his clearance work during the preseason” according to a special comments guy on the game broadcast.
Now I know thats like dancing with his sister, but by some coincindence he is actually our leading clearance player in real games. He is not as good as Oliver. He is not as good as Zach. He is not the messiah, but he is important to us and I hope he continues to improve , but if he starts lurking at the back of stoppages to recieve handballs and dish out 1-2s so he can pad out his stats to 40+, I will be disappointed.

1 Like

how can a kid who leads two of the most important stats categories whilst averaging as many touches as Tom Mitchell did in his first 2 season be getting criticised?

What ■■■■■■■ planet am I on?

5 Likes

3 Likes

April fools was yesterday.

2 Likes

Quoting clearance stats about a clearance mid?
Pretty obscure.