#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Parish’s form/development would be so far down the list of concerns right now that it’s basically irrelevant.

He’s continually improved from day one, and he started out very well and yet KM seems to be criticising him for not being a superstar, which is one of the strangest criticisms you can have for 99% of footballers.

I’d love to know who all the dominant midfielders are that the recruiters passed over to pick him

I’d suggest he’s doing just that, he’s at or around top 5 for the 2015 draft year. Sure, most of us would consider a swap for Oliver or Curnow, but that isn’t an indictment on Parish. He’s going great gunsand by the years end with another season and 60 odd games he’ll be well established to take it to a new level.

Should we move to the Langford, Myers or Worsfold threads?

You’re comparatively a draft expert

Conjecture on this way back during 2016. Now I can confirm.

Darcy plays like Rory Sloane

2 Likes

Fair call. To me, Darcy at the moment is more like a hunter of the ball rather than an accumulator. This is not a knock on him but if he could become more like an accumulator like Heppell with his hunger for contest intact, we’ll have a hell of a player on our hands. Still needs to work on his kicking, though.

Darcy smashes it every time we let him near a clearance, but he’s still developing his tank so spends some time on the HFF.

At West Coast Woosha was strong in the view that young players (and sides) struggle to run out a season. It is unsurprising that his midfield minutes are being managed early in the season. From Rd 11 onward he’ll be averaging 25+ per game, bookmark it.

I could name 50 things wrong with the team before I even start to think about Parish.

8 Likes

Are Ablett and Selwood midgets?

(Ha, the default photo of Selwood that Google provides has him bleeding. Not sure if that was selected manually or the algorithm is disturbingly smart.)

1 Like

Was he also ducking into a high contact free?

1 Like

Parish is doing amazing. You can’t expect any more from a young player.

3 Likes

DP3 has done very well so far.

Saw 150+ unread posts and thought he did a knee or got arrested.

3 Likes

sounds like you under-estimated the power of blitz to circle around a silly notion.

2 Likes

Yeap, finally caught up on this thread, as i didn’t bother coming in here since the early injury scare. Didn’t think there was anything too interesting going on.

Some good ole Blitz circle work at its finest in here.

He really needs to quit handballing.
My whimpy sister handballs better than Parish.

Perhaps… but does she have his luscious locks?

What? He’s one of the best by hand in the team

But clubsanga’s sister’s better :wink: :wink: :wink:

1 Like

WSPHU