#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Compelling argument

I donā€™t know if thatā€™s hypnotic or headache inducingā€¦

Darcy Parish only got near the footy today because David Myers was out there protecting the kids

16 Likes

Staggering that people think Langford has shown 1/10th of this bloke.
Theyā€™re both kids and learning, Parish on one hand goes into the contest like a bull, Langford breaks like cheap toilet paper and your end up with a digit up your alley.
Langfords got promise IF he turns that around. Parish is going to be a decent player; he may not be a superstar but heā€™s going to be very serviceable

5 Likes

Parish is in my side all the time, gutsy young player

6 Likes

How the hell has Langford been drawn into this thread?

1 Like

My fault.

Thatā€™s what it was a about last time KM did this rant.

But yes, didnā€™t need to be mentioned.

Who knows.

Heā€™s in a few other threads as well.

Didnā€™t even play football this weekend.

I think he is just saying that Parish isnā€™t developing as quickly as he would like. Nothing sinister, just his opinion.

2 Likes

This

That is most probably the case.

Canā€™t fault his endeavor, but he is a bit thumbly at the moment, and often overrun the ball. Once he gets a bit cleaner and gains a little more confidence he will be a very good player. But I certainly donā€™t see a MCG/Zerret type player in Darc.

What a load of crap. Langford is where he should be after his game against Freo, in the seconds where he can further develop his game. Darc has deserved every game he has got and has shown a lot more then Langford has.

You donā€™t gift games. You earn them. ANDā€¦you can develop players in the VFL.

6 Likes

My take----
Parish:
-drafted as a mid
-from 1st season performance demanded a best 22 position
-ability to be a matchwinner from 1st season
-100% capable as an outside mid / winger / small forward
-ability to run out matches & get to repeat contests as a midfielder
-2nd season began exposure / training to develop his inside mid skilks & expended ability to work defensibly as a mid

Langers:
-club drafted him as a fwd & is in process of converting him into a depth midfielder
-lacks x factor as a forward
-still working on his midfield craft in 2ā€™s
-yet to put it all together as a mid
-perhaps selected once only in best 22 as a mid
-debatable if best 22
-question marks remain on his tank as a full time mid in seniors

A little biased donā€™t you reckon? Langford has actually won a match off his own boot (Carlton). He also has ā€˜put it togetherā€™ as a mid in the VFL, numerous times.

Canā€™t do it in the ones because he hasnā€™t had much of a go.

5 Likes

Did Parish tag today?

The guy for me is so vanilla. No weapon and seems to be stagnating as a result.

If we are turning him into a tagger I could understand.

Ok. To put in perspective, lets look at their best AFL games respectively:

Langers got 3 goals, 14 disposals and 0 clearances & 5 tackles vs carlton. But that performance has to be seen through the prism of:

• the season lost to the supplements bans / carlton being shithouse that year (they finished 14), cleaned out 13 listed players - whom would have figured out they werenā€™t playing for new contracts the next year by that point & lost the final x3 matches for the year.
    -teams resting players against us that year
    -there was zero pressure applied to our blokes from a tactical / exploiting our weaknesses point of view
    -hell even Matthew Stokes had at least one good game for us that year, bahaha

Whereas Parish was one of our best & arguably held his own against a tough Swans midfield in an away finals match last year with 21 disposals, 0 goals, 5 tackles and 8 (yes, 8) clearances.

Cā€™mon give the boi some creditsā€¦

2 Likes

I like Parish, but that game against Syd he wasnt a ā€œmatch winnerā€ now was he? Donā€™t recall a game where heā€™s looked like he could be the difference eg. 35+possessions, goals, tagged Kennedy out of the game etc. But heā€™s young and has plenty of time to prove his worthā€¦ but so has Lang, so long as he gets an opportunity.

Did you see how poorly we played v Swans. Eight clearances to Parish. 8! 8 Godammit. In a team that was barely going. With zero support. Against a team that had won like 12 in a row & sporting arguably one the best midfields going around. A hardened finals midfield group. With half our team missing at the timeā€¦ prolly on the bus to Sydney airport to catch an early flight back to The Hangar. 8 man. 8ā€¦ oh wellā€¦

Ok. Maybe Langers showed more than this vs the scum in 2016 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But Parish did it with the physique of a marathon runner. Which definitely gets him over the line on a 1 on 1 v Langers in my book & with more upside :sunglasses:

Hes good but is a shocking kick. Which is wierd considering he was a great kick in his draft year. Will be worth the hype if he gets that right