#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

but hes not a superstar therefore bring in langford and glue factory parish

2 Likes

EFC need more speed and endurance through the mid field, not another plodder in a team that probably already has more than its share of plodders…Langford is another plodder IMO and like for like with Parish does not compute. Now Langford and Myer…that comparing 2 plodders and makes sense

Started his career off being our underweight over delivering teenager full time holding our midfield together to sharing his midfield place with Tippa, Orrrrrazzioo and Mc1stRoundDraftPick.

When Myers is done I think Parish takes his spot. There sure is a lot of talent fighting for midfield spots that is for sure. Also there’s the Stringer issue. You’d really hate to be a B grade mid at Essendon right now.

I don’t think you know what a fact is.

You may be right with everything you say there, but ultimately it’s still just an opinion.

Edit: but I think the chances of him ever being our second best mid are slim. I doubt he’ll ever be better than Heppell, let alone McGrath and Zerrett

He’s as vanilla as they come, but he’s fancy top shelf vanilla, not some home brand rubbish

2 Likes

That myth about him playing 2017 as a HF was I believe pretty much debunked by his 2017 heat maps.

I see no flashy skills, pace or ability to read the play. He looks like a foot soldier. Every club needs those, but I don’t get the high praise. ■■■■ me, but keep to your smarmy bulllshit responses if it makes you feel betrer.

In our best 4-5 midfielders? We have what, 5 genuine mids - Smith, Zaka, Heppell, Merrett and Parish. McGrath is 2nd year and already shows miles more in terms of weapons (evasiveness, pace and decision making) and should become a mid too. The only other two could be Myers and Colyer, but one is injured and the other is getting ready to be injured again. So yes, de-fault is in best 4-5.

1 Like

Ahem - Smith.

When will we stop playing HFF"s who might make it as mids in the middle and genuine mids at HFF

1 Like

They are essentially sticks aren’t they?

Imagine stagnating and playing seniors every week.

3 Likes

I remember him talking about playing half forward, interchanging in to the middle/wing as part of his football education.

I meant he’s in our best starting 4, meaning centre bounce. Belcho-Hep-Zerrett-Parish.

IMO he’s a better clearance player than Zaha and Smith. Overall impact those two probably pip him. But he’s very very very good around the clearance, hard at it, good decision maker in close, quick hands. Does that make him vanilla? Maybe. But it’s a ■■■■■■ handy skill to have.

I’m pretty confident he’ll get a bit better in general play.

3 Likes

Well that solves it.
He cracks in.
He’s consistent.
He stands a man.
Just absolutely not what we need.

2 Likes

This farkn thread

5 Likes

As a fwd not a mid. Langford is a good fwd, an AFL standard foward. Just not in our side.

I’m still convinced this is some sort of performance art peice by Killer Mike, with him making poignant commentary on the way blitz favourably treats certain players, but not others.

9 Likes

Favourably treats players that have earned their spot in the 22 over 2 years? Nah delusion.

Stants has left a vacancy at the club for a whipping boy.

Enter Darcy, and not being criticised for what he does now, but what he might not be in the future.

3 Likes

Perhaps he might stagnate his way to 300 games.

6 Likes