#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Yep, it’s not a death sentence.

With a slower pace he should be able to find the ball a bit more and build his confidence.

1 Like

is this the first time he’s been dropped?

A thoroughly deserved omission, based on his output

1 Like

He played VFL last season but from memeory that was coming back from injury

1 Like

I find it interesting that we are laying the blame for his poor year on the club not developing him. How do we know it is this?

Watson was poor when he started. One day he decided to get real and put in a huge effort to change his attitude, his actions and his focus. It made a huge difference. Sometimes the player needs to be the one to make the effort to develop their game, not just the club.

I don’t think parish is lacking effort.

3 Likes

got any facts to back up parish is not putting in effort?

1 Like

Only my perception of him when he plays

13 and 15 possessions the last two weeks and just dropped.

How bout dem facts

1 Like

so gradual improvement?

typical essendon, myers can do ■■■■ for years and a kid has 2 bad games in his career and its drop city?

1 Like

prevention

as in preventing the next myers

1 Like

This isn’t a death sentence. It’s good.

12 Likes

don’t think thats possible, myers is a BIG BODY CONTESTED MIDFIELD ADONIS

parish is a midget.

Parish has all his fingers

1 Like

Good teams drop underperforming players, even their most promising youngsters. Burton was dropped by the hawks a few weeks ago and was second in the Rising Star. Bulldogs dropped Lewis Young this week who looked like a 200 game player in his stint last year. Parish seems a level headed kid who will probably appreciate the opportunity to work on some things out of the spotlight. He’s had a baptism of fire since arriving at the club and has shown more than a few glimpses of what he can do. Not worried at all that he’ll become a very good consistent player for us.

18 Likes

First time dropped ever?

He sweats a bit and looks puffed. Has a vein top left of forehead that bulges a bit when heart rate tops 157 bpm.

Other than that. No.

This is a fkn epic post. Somehow managing to turn it completely into your bio. Haha. What do you lift, what’s your current weight and do you do skin folds? Also don’t quote your height in shoes. No one does that.

3 Likes

exactly. Just a timely reminder to not take his place for granted and to keep on working on his game.

Don’t mind it at all

Deserved to be dropped, wasn’t impacting games and hasn’t shown any real improvement after 2.5 years in the system. Hopefully dominating the VFL will build his confidence which looks to be severely lacking. I’m not bullish on him… more hopeful.