#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

He needs to do five preseasons in one.

1 Like

Whatever it takes

1 Like

Watched the VFL replay and it took him a while to find his feet. As the game went on he started to read the game better and was moving to positions where the ball was going to instead of trailing or completely out of position. He still doesn’t do enough defensively which would get him more touches both in the back half and from the spread coming from a defensive position.
Another 2 games playing VFL minimum to restore his reading of the play and to catch leather poisoning.

1 Like

McKernan is showing what good, sustained performance in the seconds can do for your confidence and game. He’s been great and hopefully Parish take can stock and learn.

2 Likes

go to 2:14
says it all really

Darcy Parish

Strenghts:
Smart footballer
Lighting hands
Great side step
Loves to string a chain and play out of congestion
A bit of mongrel about him.

Weaknesses:
Kicks floaters
Gets blocked easily out of contests
Sometimes just goes missing
Rarely hits the scoreboard
Lacks a little composure, rushes the kick

I like him, puts on a bigger frame finds an extra yard in his kick and we have a gun all round mid

2 Likes

Most pertinent fact of all:
is a 20 year old kid.

14 Likes

I agree. It shows what a ■■■■ you can be.
Someone twice his size pushed him over.
Was Bacchus right when he said you were 14? Because I’m still taking that into account.

One pet hate is the length of players hair. Parish tackled a bloke on the weekend and took a hand off to fix his hair. In the last few years I’ve seen Parish, Heppell, Hooker, Hartley, Baguley, Mutch and Colyer all be affected by their own hair. Idiots, it will cost us one day.

lloyd made joe cut his hair so he could kick goals.

Did someone say they watched the VFL replay?
If so where can I find it?

Should switch to mullets. All the luxuriousness of long hair combined with the ruthless match day efficiency of the short back and sides.

Oh damn, that must be why so many hawthorn players have them. Clarkson on some next level coaching ■■■■ again.

7 Likes

So next level they lost to Brisbane.

1 Like

VFL thread had the video.

That’s because all the brisbane hippies use headbands. Clarko will be having a chat to Gil about performance enhancing headwear during the week no doubt. Same category as gloves. Blight on the game.

Bruce Doull got it right.

3 Likes

Players like Clark?
Guys who have butchered the ball all season we’re hitting targets. What’s to say parish himself wouldn’t have been better as well if he had have played?

2 Likes

Have a look at the inclusions for the game.

Langford, Ridley and Guelfi all good ball users.

Dea and Clarke both solid.

Most importantly and I keep repeating myself it’s about progressing the ball down field and Parish doesn’t like to take those kicks.

1 Like

And not a very mature 14

1 Like

What kicks are you talking about? Not allowing a spare and forwards not being beat in the contest made it easier to progress the ball. Parish has a good weight to his kicks and seen him hit plenty of difficult targets. I think your completely off the mark with this statement.