#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

I like Parish and think he has so much to offer. Hopefully he can get back and hit some form.

3 Likes

I like Parish too. Loopy kicks need to stop tho

Nothing damages reputations on blitz more than loopy kicks!

3 Likes

Donā€™t think weā€™ve really given him a good run at his natural spot at the coalface yet, hopefully we do when he comes back he could be our honey badger

1 Like

Two way running is the limitation thatā€™s holding him back; his positioning, fitness and efforts is a liability when playing midfield.
We havenā€™t played a structure that suits him neither. He would thrive if we played a defensive mid instead of an extra back. However itā€™s hard to tell if weā€™d be a better side if we implemented that structure.

2 Likes

Kicking into the man on the mark is up thereā€¦ along with looking laconic and pointing, theyā€™re all felonies.

Except perhaps a droopy sash?

2 Likes

Still trying to erase the 2009-10 droop from my memoryā€¦

Kicking OOF from directly out set shot at goal?

handpassing to teammates feet?

No, that has been de rigour for some time.

Didnā€™t find those little blue pills until 2011 smooth?
Hope your situation has improved mate.

Guess his thumb passed the fitness test of ten pin bowling during the week.

Apparently he had a great pre-season and coaches were ā€œraving about his clearance workā€. So was his form drop just a mirror of almost every other player on the team ? The problem is, that he does not have a suitable alternate position, other than the bench, when he is not playing on the ball. He just has not become a dangerous small forward, which is the ideal spot for a resting on baller. We like to rotate lots of players through the midfield, so where does he play when not on the ball? Same problem with Clarke.

2 Likes

alternative positions are the biggest load of rubbish if you ask me, especially for a midfielder. its great if you are a dusty/ dangerfield/ fyfe and legitimately play a different position, but for everyone else building an elite fitness base and actually being able to play in your required and best position is perfectly acceptable.

Would still hold good value so I would shop him around a bit.

Not every mid has to have the ability to rest forward.

Is Tom Mitchell a dangerous threat when he is resting forward? Not really.

1 Like

could say the same about langford :slight_smile:

1 Like

This. We need to play defence too, we canā€™t expect every mid to rest forward and kick a goal every game.

Langford will be a very good player.

I donā€™t believe Parish will be anything other than a role player.

Nothing wrong with being a role player but his trade value will be reasonably high still and we may be able to get something more suitable to our squad.