#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

i say a lot of things

2 Likes

What a read

FMD KM. Did Darcy fk your ex girlfriend or something?

7 Likes

I never thought I’d live in a world with such praise for THE LANGFORD and such negativity for Parish.

I think we are about to reach the Singularity!

I’m just bored :grinning:

find a more meaningful hobby perhaps?

2 Likes

I like the simple things in life

Is that why you keep responding to Alex?

j/k alex…

1 Like

ouch

2 Likes

Lol.

Watch Darcy come out of next preseason, stronger through the core and bigger in the legs/upper body.

Fark me, he is a busy mid around the contest, and has played some very good games.

Sydney final anyone?

Has deficiencies, no doubt. Absolutely needs to improve disposal under pressure.
But good news. His attitude will ensure he gets there.

In fairness to KM, if everyone was to do a best 22 Parish would be out of many people’s teams if it was being selected with balance.

But that isn’t taking away from Parish having great qualities as a mid, which I think KM perhaps not acknowledging.

I don’t understand why everyone is getting so defensive about KM’s comments on Parish.

It’s not like the dickheads in plenty of other threads who say “so and so is a spud and needs to be shot out of a cannon”.

Christ, plenty are criticising Hurley a lot more than this and the defensive reaction isn’t anywhere near this.

KM is just giving his opinion that Parish may not turn out to be as good as people think.
There clearly have to be question marks over him. Yes, his form this year also coincided with the team being crap, but a lot of the questions over him existed last year as well.

• his kicking needs work
  • he’s not a threat resting forward and doesn’t have the endurance currently to play primarily on ball
  • doesn’t seem to have a great outside game at this stage.

He may still turn into a gun, but I think it’s quite fair to have the opinion he won’t ever be one of our best 4 or 5 midfielders.

4 Likes

It’s because, Aboods, he has made that exact same point in the exact same words a million times, without exaggeration. Move on. For ■■■■■ sake, move on.

3 Likes

You’re wrong about his endurance. Not many first year players play full time as a mid

1 Like

He’s not a first year player anymore. He said himself in the last off-season that he has struggled with the running. I think it improved this season but he’s still got to improve it

Why is Parish untouchable when so many others on the list aren’t?

1 Like

To be fair I said he could be used as tradebait.

I didn’t make any other point.

No no…Aboods - you didn’t read my post.

Hypothetically, If Parish comes back in a few weeks and is ready to go before Zaka and there are are no other injuries who do you bring him in for?

I’d drop Guelfi but i’d love to know others opinions because the love for Guelfi is way over the top so far imo.
I’ve got doubts on Parish, but i’d still have him ahead of Guelfi as a mid at his stage

1 Like

True. It just stood out for me that in his first preseason he was training with the mids and given the full time gig during the year. It said to me that he has a reasonable tank. But no doubt it’s an area that needs a few preseasons to get right

this thread is reminding me of what the Langford thread used to sound like…

5 Likes