#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Say what you like about Langford but not Parish.

Doesn’t go down well.

1 Like

Really? Even the most ardent of parish afficianados would go for that. Not sure youre making much of a point with that hypothetical

1 Like

I don’t know the way some on here carry on make Parish is untouchable.

not really. not at all.

“this thread is farked”

2 Likes

That was me just now.

(leaves thread shaking head with furrowed brow)

3 Likes

It wouldn’t be blitz if we didn’t have a raving lunatic creating havoc :grinning:

sure, but you should share that honour around… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was referring to the others…

I remember the recruiters saying that Parish was the best natural footballer available to us in that draft. Mightn’t be the best kick, or the fastest, but the best footballer.

We haven’t given him many chances to prove it, playing him in positions that don’t suit his skillset.

If Nino thinks we can trade him, that makes it an even more ridiculous suggestion. I’d have him playing inside mid way before Wallis. He’s even got a better haircut.

9 Likes

ARE YOU CALLING ME CRAZY???

2 Likes

I wouldn’t trade Parish unless we get an elite inside mid in return. I’m not an idiot who would trade Parish for Wallis that you seem to be suggesting.

hmmmmm

No I meant the other crazy person

Darcy’s game back at VFL showed what he’d bring to AFL; a badger like approach to winning the ball.

I think of him as a blend of Devon Smith and Zaharakis, does he need to improve his running capacity? yes, does he need to get stronger? yes, does he need to tidy up his kicking? yes, will he be a very good AFL player for years to come? yes, would I trade him, if doing so gave us a player of Dylan Shiel’s ilk? hell yes

You tirading too bro?

1 Like

Sell our soul for an elite midfielder?

Geelong were going to be unbeatable with Dangerwoodlet. That was going to be the 3 Horsemen of the Apocalypse for the rest of the AFL. The top team right now has a deep list with a capable , but average midfield rather than an "elite " one like Geelong whose spine is decrepit and bottom 6 best 22 players are very average.

3 Likes

I beg to differ. You are an idiot!

5 Likes

You would trade anyone and anything for something new and shiny…

2 Likes

Let’s trade our talented young midfielder for another talented young midfielder. That will sort our future midfield out

1 Like