#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

I hope you are right mate

We should trade out Langford to give parish more opportunities. Langford has strung some good games together and would net us an early second rounder at least.

4 Likes

Would excel in our midfield group, just like Smith has.

1 Like

Clearly.

If Parish was at another club looking for a trade he would be our number 1 priority.

Players to have shined at his age are aerobic beasts, physically developed, non midfielders, in a top 4 team or bottom team with game built around them. Parish doesn’t fit into any of those four categories.

Some say his kicking needs work but it’s not far off. I’ve seen enough to say his kicking can be elite. It’s a rare skill to purposely place a kick to the benefit of the marker and he’s consistently pulled off precision kicks. He can hit the hardest of targets and he rarely squibs it.

In his current state the only way I can see him really impressing the haters is (knock on wood) Merrett to be out of the team and Parish to fulfill that role. You could possibly argue he should be playing beside Merrett and having a better output similar to Smith but Smiths strength is fitness and makes his impact when fatigue kicks in and the longer play goes without a goal (most likely why his impact was down against North due to the continuous resetting of a high scoring game).

In my opinion a great like for like is Hugh McCluggage. Attacking mid, excellent skills, teenage body and not considered an aerobic beast. He has had far less output than Darcy and kicking has struggled but you can see it’s there ready to click. Once they both get to an even playing ground with fitness and physical development they will show their true ability.

I can understand criticism of his fitness and physical development but not the other stuff. I could also see people being critical of his dedication, so far has he done enough to get the best out of his career? Langford’s been known to do them extra sessions, Stringer has agreed to a progam to get the best out of his career, Merrett’s seeked as much advice as possible, Heppell and Zaka are another level in their running preparation and program. Modern greats are constantly being praised for work ethic.

10 Likes

Parish to come back via the reserves.

Competing for the Guelfi spot

Parish to be immediately cannoned. Doesn’t matter where. Sea, sun, volcano, all the same.

Didn’t say he wasn’t any good. Yes he would excel.

But overrated nevertheless.

Will win a Brownlow

Will win the Nobel peace prize.

1 Like

Trying to work out what “no Paul Spanish” means
or is it “no hablo español”

2 Likes

Na Donald Trump has that wrapped up for a good 10 years.

He’s got blonde locks that he sweeps back behind the ears, what more do you people need to see.

Future Brownlow medalist.

I admit I am not a huge fan as I don’t yet see his strengths as being enough.

I think the most pleasing thing is that we don’t need him in the middle (he is not in our best 22) and now he has the time to develop his game and hopefully, when ready, can make a real impact.

This season may beneficial (ignoring the unfortunate injury) in that the pressure is no longer on him to become a gun instantly. Hopefully it stays that way and he does prove me wrong (as he seems like a very god foot soldier which we definitely need, but would love him to become a beast inside mid with a few more years development).

1 Like

You know why VFL watchers don’t rave about how they’ve seen something special in Parish. Becuase Parish doesn’t play VFL.

Ooooooooooookay.

@Alan_Noonan_10, I gotta another dill for you to abuse tonight!

Parish will be part of our best midfield for years to come, and a very very decent midfield it will be.

11 Likes

He hated the VFL soo much he got injured just to avoid it.

2 Likes

It is usually “no hablo inglĂ©s” (I don’t speak English), not “no hablo español”. If he actually meant to say that anyway, I don’t get the joke.

shurgs

1 Like

Sums it up