#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Sorry I,m just trying to get this ■■■■ straight . So Darcy’s girlfriend is 18 not 16 . Bet you are proud as all ff**k .

Sorry don’t take offence . I’m drunk and bored .

Everyone here is wAtching Tour of France .

de France . Whatever .

If we win tomorrow , we are seriously BIT .

Big in Thailand?

2 Likes

I’m late to this conversation but count me in as someone who thinks that Parish is overrated. It may change, but right now Darcy has little hurt factor in his game. You don’t mind him getting the ball if you’re the opposition because he won’t take on the daring option like a Langford, and is a good chance his kick will go astray. That’s right now and doubtless there’s some improvement in him, but I reckon his ceiling is around the Richard Douglas level. That’s pretty good, Douglas is a very handy player, but to get there Darcy has to tidy up his kicking as a priority.

2 Likes

Thread has moved on to more important issues. What’s your opinion on his girlfriend?

Richard Douglas WTF!

Seriously people.

1 Like

Parish’s #1 issue is his kicking which seems to have deteriorated since his debut year.

No it hasn’t

4 Likes

BOG in the ressies, the best handballer in the team, potentially the best rover we have had since Daisy Williams, is one good game in the 2nds enough for a recall?

Gold Coast play pretty bruise free footy, I’d throw caution to the wind & bring him back in this week

8 Likes

BHI

2 Likes

Rushing guys back from injury has worked so well for us this season. Can’t see what could possibly go wrong here.

It was a thumb, not implausible his running is better than it was before his injury

5 Likes

He had a broken thumb. He’s not returning from a soft tissue injury.

1 week in the VFL to regain some touch then in.

5 Likes

Parish’s poor kicking is one of the biggest blitz myths on this forum at the moment.

Is his kicking a weapon? No

Is hick kicking a hindrance? No

Its fine. He stuffs it up like everyone does every now and then, but that doesnt make it poor. Its just a facet of his game, but not a focus, not a strength, and definitely not something to worry the opposition, but im sure it probably doesnt worry our coaches either.

The fact people are criticising him on THIS part of his game, probably goes to show either how forgetful people are about how someone plays, or how much someone will warp their vision of a player to find something negative to say about them to fit into a forums trendy groupthink.

Seriously, hes a contested ball nugget with quick hands and great tenacity at the contest. His kicking shouldnt be a huge part of his game to begin with. Its like having a go at Joe because hes not a great handpass, or Walla because he isnt a good mark (although he is) etc etc. Its a bottom of the barrel criticism if you ask me.

13 Likes

EFC Match report: “Darcy Parish was instrumental upon his return from a wrist injury, gathering 39 possessions (21 contested) and 10 clearances”
Its hard to criticise that.
Lets face it, after that they will bring him to the AFL in next week.

10 Likes

He is da mouse and da footy is da cheese.

2 Likes

He should aim to be like an insidy-er version of Devon. Darcy, McGrath and Devon should be circling like a pack of wolves, putting loads of pressure around the ball, causing turnovers then hurting opponents on the counter

1 Like

Just let Darcy hunt the ball at stoppages. We have players that are meant to be fit AF and they get 60 to 70% game time. Stop wasting time on parish the hff/ winger. Put him in the 2nd midfield rotation.

13 Likes