#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Disciplined for lieing.

1 Like

for what?

I agreed, but I went the path that it was simply a fitness issue. The same for Langford, lacked the necessary fitness plus he needed to study up on a new role and get some practice at it where the result has less significance. Both have a few years before they peak and what a sight it will be.

1 Like

In a lot of ways the two players are polar opposites.

Parish is more inside when everything says he shouldnā€™t be and Langford is the opposite.

I value players that can cut sides apart rather than grind them away.

Itā€™s why you will never hear me asking for Wallis on here.

I think Parish can be a good player and Iā€™m pretty confident he will. I just think that Langford will be a star.

The annoying thing is that Langford is playing mostly that forward/midfield utility role when he should be on ball all the time.

I can see why they are doing it though as we are still a slim chance of finals.

Do you think itā€™s a combination of his height and strength up fwd, maturity/experience and coaches lack of confidence in defensive pressure for the time being thatā€™s holding Langford back from the role you want him to play?

When everyone convertsā€¦ Please.

Only Muppets thought Parish wasnā€™t any good. 90+% of blitz have been big fans of Darcy from the get go.

But please carry on being smug.

2 Likes

The only person not on board is the one posting after you

1 Like

and all the nuts going on about clayton oliver, but please keep trying.

Best to ignore them. You may as well get upset about not drafting Chris Judd if youā€™re going to worry about players we never had access to

1 Like

parish looks to have soaked up Langfordā€™s midfield minutes.

Itā€™s part of the reason I was so hard on Parish earlier. Langford cane in and really started to show his worth.

Langford is very good at the defensive stuff so I canā€™t see that being the issue. He chases and does all the 1%ā€™s.

The only thing holding Langford back in my opinion is belief from the coaches. Heā€™s clearly not going to have the impact straight away but he needs more exposure.

I have watched him a lot in the VFL and his tool kit is big and when it all clicks he will be a player.

1 Like

the only one soaking up langfords minutes is myers.

youā€™re deranged on this.

1 Like

No one is soaking up Langfordā€™s midfield minutes. He is playing as a mid, and as a forward. Just like Stringer is.

6 Likes

All the injuries to our forwards are soaking up Langfordā€™s midfield minutes

3 Likes

I love Langford.

But RIGHT NOW if Langford was a better on-baller than Parish heā€™d be playing more on the ball.

But heā€™s not RIGHT NOW.

Parish hunts the footy. Langford is still learning this.

2 Likes

Parish brings an urgency to our ball movement in the contest that basically only zach brings.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s more of a case of Langford being better forward.

1 Like

Correct. He actually has the ability to take the ball away from the contested situation. I would also include Stringer in that group.

Parishā€™s movement in stoppages reminds me a lot of Ben Cousins.

1 Like

Just to qualify my statement THE Langford and Raz are my 2 favourite players.

But Parish has come in and played better football than Kyle in the last few weeks, simple. Has nothing to do with positions but I also couldnā€™t be happier with the way they have both developed in 2018.

Just let it go man.

1 Like

Stop asking me about it and I will let it go.

2 Likes

Urgency is a very good description.

Seriously though, how good is it to be arguing the toss over who is developing as a better midfielder out of two young guns who are 20 odd years of age. Itā€™s exciting.

3 Likes