#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

One thing I’d like to see is some more willingness to have a shot on the run. After that awesome memory of him slotting the winner against Melbourne in 2016 - he appears to opt for the handball a lot when running inside 50, even when he has space to steady and have a shot. Might be a confidence thing as he missed a few chances early in the year - but would love for him to start nailing these running shots - Zaharakis-style.

2 Likes

Weak AF today, btched out of so many tackles today. Absolutely fuming over his butterfly performance today.

How can a mid have a total of 1 tackle.

3 steps forward 10 steps back

have no idea who that pissweak coward was out there in darcy’s jumper, because darcy has never put in a weak effort in his time at essendon like the many we saw today

Failed to make any tackles stick and decision making skills have collapsed. First and only instinct to lay the ball off is predictable and invariably runs us into congestion and a turnover.

1 Like

Never going to be a star dosen’t do enough to justify us using pick 5

Charlie Curnow (pick 11), Daniel Rioli (pick 15). I would be pointing a finger or two at our recruiting people.

He had two career best games in a row just a fortnight ago FFS. This season has been ■■■■■■ for him injury and form wise.

4 Likes

I actually thought he was OK today. He seemed to be doing a lot of the hard work today.

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter, people are going to see what they want to see. After a loss there is a need to find someone to blame.

3 Likes

Some historically quality posters bobbing up like aerated turds after a loss. No surprises there.

7 Likes

Seriously how many reactionary fkwits can you fit on a forum.
Just ■■■■ off the lot of you.
4 points. Morons.

1 Like

Are they who you would’ve picked?

How about who was taken between Parish and those two, what about those teams?

2 Likes

Same guys that picked:
Smith
Saad
Stringer

Please go on mate…

give it time his career is far from over

I really rate Parish, but he seriously drifts out of games in the second half. Even his good games.

I don’t know whether it’s conditioning or lack of focus or experience or whatever, but if he can sort it out we’d really have a player on our hands

7 Likes

Was every where early in the game and then went mia again

3-4 kg in off season and he’ll be a beaut next year

1 Like

He is going to be even better with another preseason under his belt. Does some nice things.

This was back to the Parish of every other game. He was great early, and then faded badly again, I think he had 11 possessions in the first quarter and then he ended up with only 11 more for the next three quarters with 14 of his 22 possessions handballs. I have no idea why this happens or because we aren’t giving him midfield time or maybe he just is like that kid that sees a Butterfly on the sidelines and loses interest in the game but if we actually got first quarter Parish for four quarters every game he’d be a gun. Until then he’s just another inconsistent player blah blah young kid etc.

1 Like

Yep.
3-4kg,stronger and more power.
A greater ability to win a hard ball and cop a tackle whilst still getting rid of the pill.
As some insiders have said,will do everything to get the best out of himself.

1 Like