#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

I realise he’s about 1/4 the size of him - so any comparison is limited - but there is something very Jason Johnson about the way Parish hunts the ball at stoppages.

3 Likes

Does his best work in close

1 Like

Never in doubt, DP3 can play.

1 Like

His hands were magnificent, fed it out to the outside guys. Defensive pressure superb.

1 Like

He’s no Langford.
But then - Langford’s no Parish.

7 Likes

One of the cleanest guys grabbing the footy in a pack.

Is this his best game for the club?

Been really good since the thumb.

3 Likes

Efficiency, effectiveness and without the ball yeah it’s right up there with his best game.

When you compare his low 20 possession game against Ross’ 40 odd Parish was way better. Ross is spudtatoes, no one should ever suggest him as a worthy trade.

I still see Ben Cousins

8 Likes

Yep I was thinking the same.

Are you in rehab or jail

20 Likes

Love how he’s always the first to get involved when there’s a scuffle.
Great game last night Darc.

1 Like

Loved his game last night… Smart footballer - great awareness, quick decision maker, tough.

2 Likes

Thats harsh mate. Vety harsh. I’m actually trying to be objective instead of critical.

9-10 in a re-rated draft (3yrs on) is actually really good. Form, fitness, development all woukd be factors

1yr on I would probably have rated him 1.

I rate him highly.

And on the flip side its tough for high draft picks from an expectations point of view. McGrath for example can only maintain or slip down the track. Its not like a Hird situation where in hindsight he would have been much higher.

i love rewriting history to ignore that curnow was being investigated by the police the week of the draft.

acting like essendon would still draft peak judd with that kind of scrutiny on us as we had in that period.

2 Likes

Thought he teamed really well with McGrath. And his peripheral vision must be mazing. Knows before he gets it exactly where he has to put it. Quick mind, quick hands. Also thought his kicking was great last night.

1 Like

Heppell, Daniher, Merrett, Hurley, Hooker, Goddard, Stringer have all been All Australians. I can see Smith, Fantasia, Parish, McGrath and Saad all receiving that accolade. I think it was The Duck saying a similar thing in the coverage last night.
Parish is going to be a clearance machine.

1 Like

You can add Francis and McKenna to the list of potential AA as well.

Parish’s hands and visions in close are superb

He and McGrath are gonna cut up teams in the centre for years to come

I’ve beem pretty critical of him.the last couple of years but i have to say he has been outstanding since returning from injury.

His work rate has lifted phenomenonally and there was a moment in the 3rd quarter where he sprinted about 50 metres to put pressure on a player he was never going to catch. The pressure caused a skill error though and darcy then followed up to the next contest to get tye ball out of bounds.

Looks to have turned a corner and long may it continue

11 Likes