#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

YOUR CAPS LOCK IS STUCK MAN

1 Like

Next Year this guy goes to the next level. He is ready.

2 Likes

I would like to know how he “unwittingly” played through a broken thumb… wtf is wrong with our medical team that they don’t pick up on injuries that require surgery?!

Also if the break for surgery allowed him time to have a ‘mini preseason’ and ‘get fit enough’ then why didn’t he do that in proper preseason? Why did he come into the season underdone and why wasn’t that identified earlier?

So many questions relating to the start of our season and all of them point to the fact that we were playing a squad that wasn’t ready fitness wise and a lot carrying significant injuries (not just niggles) and it cost us an entire season in the end.

What is done is done… but I hope that we don’t repeat the mistakes next year. I also hope that serious questions are being asked as to why it happened.

He’s a young player and each preseason has cumulative benefits.

As a third year player he had only done 2 full preseasons. So was never at his athletic potential. The mini pre season mid year has accelerated his development.

One more proper preseason this off season and he is primed.

2 Likes

The Parish was awesome playing under the milky way last night. Could see how hard he was pushing, legs full of lactic acid covering the ground up and back. His running looked a lot like a mixture between Cousins and Sloane.

Jack of all trades type, doesn’t excel in a particular aspect physically.
I remember going to a training session when he just got dropped and was doing extra fitness training. My assumption was even without the thumb surgery he would have spent a month outside of AFL working on his tank.
I really hope he does everything he can to have a great next season by doing his own training outside of the preseason. Zaka does running in America, Oliver set a preseason goal to swim over 100km to increase fitness. Hopefully he does something like that.

In my best 2.

Broken thumb happened through the game, not uncommon for player to play through the pain with those sorts of injuries.

How are the medical staff supposed to diagnose a broken thumb if they don’t know to look for it? You can’t just look at someone and see that their thumb is broken. Until Parish comes to them and says he thinks there’s something wrong with his thumb what are they supposed to do?

As for the mini-preseason, you can’t do pre-season fitness loads in season when you need to conserve your energy and body for the weekends game and spend half your week in recovery. If he does that all that running on top of playing games he’d be moving like he’s stuck in mud and/or getting injured. He didn’t come into the season underdone, he’s just a kid who’s fitness is a work in progress, like everyone else who comes into the AFL.

There’s nothing to indicate that the playing list overall was unfit at the start of the year. We’ve generally run games out well, and most of our serious injuries haven’t been soft tissues. You can kick and scream about JD being mismanaged if you like (without any actual evidence one way or another) but in regards to the rest of the list it’s just nonsense.

Serious questions do need to be asked about this year, but it’s just as important to identify the right issues as it is to address them.

5 Likes

Kicking seems to improved a bit since he came back. Actually seems almost better on his left than his right foot now.

At the Port game I noticed just how often he was the extra Man in getting to the contest or applying pressure, he done so much more then you could see on the TV. He was simply awesome.

2 Likes

A classic Bomber Thompson outnumberer

1 Like

i read this as a tweet like trump.

1 Like

I think you’ll find I’m a very good ■■■■ poster. The best.

2 Likes

Kane Cornes’s call on our 2015 draft is looking a tad threadbare.

But, then again, the Cornes family are all knobshines.

what did he say about it?

Parish, Francis, Tippa, Brown, Redman and Hartley. That could be one of our best drafts of all time when those guys are all done

2 Likes

We’ve had a few of those in the last few years

1 Like

Parish is no good and Francis is a wasted pick. About June this year on sen.com.au
Post was attached somewhere…no idea where.

1 Like

I don’t mind Graham.

4 Likes

The extra running Darcy did when out with the thumb has been the penny dropper for him I reckon.

Just getting to ,and influencing,more contests- hence more of the ball.

And better decision making,as not so fatigued.

10 Likes