#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Getting dropped would have given him the kick up the backside. The injury gave him time to tinker with his running program.

Hopefully he takes something out of it that he can apply to his preseason

We also may be using him / others slightly differently to get best out of them.

I.e. Smith playing a more HFF/mid role and Parish just a lot more at the contest.

I’m only guessing here however, but these are likely the kinds of things that are part of this learning phase Woosh goes on about.

Yes thats it. I think he has no choice if he’s to live up to expectations.
That,and more core strength/muscle mass will hold him in good stead.

HOPEFULLY WOOSHA IS ALSO ON A LEARNING PHASE ON MATCH DAY IN PArticular

1 Like

If we get really unlucky in the trade period and pick up no one I think Parish’s improvement, Daniher and Fantasia being fit can incredibly improve our team.
Parish could take a huge leap next year, it may get squashed by tags but that will open up other players to dominate.

1 Like

Running is the most import attribute for him, strength and size will come (although its not exactly holding him back atm) but by increasing his running capacity he’ll get to more contests, apply more pressure, improve his disposal and his spread.

1 Like

Thats it.

Lad upped his fitness due to getting injured and having nothing else to do.

Comes back into the side and suddenly is now able to play AFL with the same influence he had on a game as a junior.

You could just tell the kid loves it.

You’d better believe he will be running himself into the ground this preseason because the kid loves to win and now knows what he needs to do to make that happen.

6 Likes

Needs more Alex Morgan!

Is what North fans are saying about his ability to win the ball

Did anyone else watch tonight’s game and think about how important Parish is to us next year? Very very important I reckon, needs to really step up. Has to build his running and two way defensive efforts, and needs to build his size which can definitely be done over this preseason. You watch teams likes the Pies and Tigers, they have mids that can just run and run and run all day, apply pressure and win contested ball at all costs. Parish is a prototype for this type of player. He is seriously manic at the contest, loves winning his own ball and a very smart and quick thinking player. Perfect player we need to step up to be the modern midfielder. Hoping for a massive preseason and big 2019.

7 Likes

No.

9 Likes

And yet none of them are regular first team players yet. Get a grip

Half of those names are exactly that right now. Tippa and parish have been permanent fixtures since their first games. Francis will never go back to the vfl again. I wouldn’t be surprised if Redman played most of next year. Brown and Hartley are depth players. They also came for picks 54 and 78.

2 Likes

Needs to improve again,as he did when je came back from his thumb injury.

Yes. Had the exact thought. If we are going to be good, it’s someone like Parish who needs to go to the next level.

One thing’s for sure…you won’t beat the current top teams if you have any more than one one-way runner. It’s all about frantic pressure around the ball.

2 Likes

Which in my mind is the only reason Goddard didn’t get asked to play on.

That, and his lack of pace forced us to play a game style that just won’t win big games against big opposition.

1 Like

And his stance on Pretzels goes against the clubs values.

5 Likes