#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

I see that Macaulay Culkin has held a poll to get a new middle name. The winning name was “Macaulay Culkin” ergo Macaulay "Macaulay Culkin " Culkin . Damn seppos always appropriating other cultures longstanding traditions, hair and all.

3 Likes

Since he kicked 'that" goal against Melbourne, he’s been DAR-CEEE FAR-KING PARISH!!!

Later quite naturally shortened to DFP.

That, Darce, or Parra is all I got.

Back to football, I’ve got a real feeling he takes a big step in 2019, he ended up down the midfield pecking order last year but I reckon he goes under the radar and ends up top 4 of our midfield by seasons end. Full potential Parish, Smith, Merret and Sheil… oh my.

12 Likes

l feel something similar is going to happen. Big ask to end top 4 in our midfield, but when he is called upon to go on the ball, he will shine and there will be no appreciable drop off in pressure or quality. He is set to shine. Opposition fans will come to dread seeing him in the centre.

2 Likes

No no DP

I agree to an extent.
Darc is the player I’m excited about.
He won’t be our number 1 go to on baller, however an integral bull in the guts.
Going under the radar around these parts, i think he made massive in roads in 2018.
Look out this is our man!!!

1 Like

You’ve done well to pick just one. I’ve got about 10.

3 Likes

I’ve got concerns. Might be tradable at the end of the year.

1 Like

You’re mistaking this for the Ricky Dyson thread.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I can see Parish being top 4 at stoppages but mayb not top 4 midfielder.
He’s biggest strength is in tight and is getting to the age and size to play in there permanently.
The midfielder you want to protect and give a clear run at is Shiel and I’d suggest Parish is next in line. Both have the ability to burst out.

Most powerful centre clearance group - Hep, Myers & Shiel.
Balanced rotation 1 - Hep, Smith & Shiel
Balanced rotation 2 - Myers, Merrett & Parish

2 Likes

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he’s ahead of Zaharakis, McGrath and Langford at the end of the year.

Zerrett, Sheil, Heppell and Smith all well ahead.

I see Parish as a solid foot soldier. Hopefully he proves me wrong and becomes much more

2 Likes

I think he’s already proven you wrong there. Close to the cleverest and quickest hands out of traffic, goal sense and speed, and I reckon he’s learning a lot from Devon Smith about turning mongrel into effective aggression.

5 Likes

No he’s not close to proving me wrong. He does some good things and has good patches but he doesn’t do it for long enough and he’s rarely been one of the best 4 or 5 on the ground for us.

• goal sense… yeah nah… 5 goals for the season well and truly says otherwise.
  • he’s not fast. He’s not slow either but he’s by no means fast.

I want him to be a gun and I think he can be a very good inside mid, I just think he’s unlikely to make it into the bracket of top 4 mid on the list. To me guys like Langford and McGrath have a lot more upside

6 Likes

if you want to see parish at his best, rewatch that game where zerrett almost got KO’d and was out for a quarter. the darc absolutely bossed it.

4 Likes

He’s better than foot soldier.
Howlett, hocking, D Myers were/are foot soldiers. Parish is a genuine craftsman to me. One of our best at working the ball out of the stoppage. Beautiful read on the tap and lovely hands.
He’s just not up to dominating games, yet.
But it’s a very nice starting point.

Keep in mind he’s 21…

6 Likes

I stand by what me and @Reboot were saying, 100% pure natural footballer. gets the game on a level most wish they could.

1 Like

Yep.

When he gets a bit bigger and stronger and fitter he’ll be a real handful.

I’d flip that and say parish will be one of the ones looking after sheil.

I don’t understand anything else you’ve said.

Agreed. That was 2017 though. I’m not sure he played any games in 2018 to that level.
If he does that more often then fantastic