#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a Catholic joke in there somewhereā€¦

You mean with his kicks?

1 Like

An inside mid. Quite a long way inside.

1 Like

A bird in handā€¦

Personally I think itā€™s too early to revisit the 2015 draft but it would be lovely if Darcy can prove this reassessment to be wrong. By this assessment he is not currently in the top 20 of players available for the 2015 draft.

1 Like

Unfortunately itā€™s probably a fair call at the moment that heā€™s not in the top 20.

2 Likes

Stopped reading when I read jacob weitering at 3. Harry McKay at 7. Over guys like Tim Kelly, tippa etc

Thatā€™s a fkn terrible article

13 Likes

Agree, Weitering barely a best 22 player.

2 Likes

Article is garbage

That said I donā€™t see DP becoming a star, but just a consistent solid contributor which still is valuable.

Francis will be star however.

How do these people keep getting a job?
( I know - ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  click bait)
So letā€™s leave out the mature age players for starters, who youā€™d expect to have better first 3 years. At least compare over 5 seasons to get a fair idea

Picked on expectations rather than actual games played - McKay and Francis ( Heā€™ll actually be no1 in 5 years time)
Parish has already put together a better 3 years than Weitering, ( on track to be a worse No 1 than Watts - farkCarlton), Milera ( ordinary B+ flanker) and Burton (1 good year then backwards.)

Leaves Academy picks Mills & Hopper
Oliver Rioli & Curnow - tracking well
Would anyone swap Parish for Papley or Hardwick? Doubtful.

So not the best of his draft, but well within the top 20 on an apples to apples basis.
On the other hand I hope Pidge shows it to him - an angry Parish with a point to prove is a good Parish

The bloke who wrote that article has most people here covered.

You donā€™t have to agree with the opinion, but I can assure you he hasnā€™t simply forgotten Parish. It will be his genuine relatively informed opinion.

2 Likes

Anyone who thinks weitering is the third best player of that draft needs their head read

3 Likes

Anyone that has Francis that far down the order has no idea.

Parish is tracking along fine and will be an excellent player its just that Oliver exploded and he gets compared unfairly.

1 Like

Harry McKay had a break out year last year. I guess I learnt something.

1 Like

No way is he third best, but heā€™s a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  good footballer. Needs to get out of fark carlton though.

Why would you leave mature players out?

It clearly states that draft year.

Mature players have no more advantage than anyone else.

1 Like

Because [quote=ā€œKiller_Mike, post:5317, topic:2439, full:trueā€]
Why would you leave mature players out?

It clearly states that draft year.

Mature players have no more advantage than anyone else.
[/quote]

Because their bodies are mature bodies which gives them a significant advantage in the first couple of years at least.
Thatā€™s why a minimum of 5 years is a fairer comparison- especially if youā€™re talking rucks, lanky key position players or inside mids drafted as 18 year olds.
Thereā€™s always an occasional exception like the man-child Oliver, but a flying start physically doesnā€™t always translate (Powell-Pepper proves the reverse can be true

You could take the first three years of Wallaā€™s career (VFL) compared to over five years where heā€™s a definite gun player as an example.

He is still the best choice for where we were at. We needed a mid, Oliver went a pick earlier, Kelly would of been traded back to Perth by now and academy players would have been matched.

3 Likes