#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

If I were basing things off these two JLT games - no. But there may be other criteria I’m not aware of. Same can be said about a few ‘best 22’ players to be honest - Zaka, Langford, Merret - there’s stuff we don’t know.

Of course he looks like ■■■■
He doesnt get played in his position
He attended about 4 center bounces tonight,
And played 70% of the game As a forward pocket.

I genuinely hope he asks for a trade along with laverde to a team
Who promises them midfield time because for some fcking retarded reason jon worsforl sees more in langford and myers than these two.

Parish averaged 20 disposals playing pure mid in his debut season. He can play.

2 Likes

hmmm…not sure about that. He only played 46% of the total game.

2 Likes

He may mean 70% of 46% though…

3 Likes

I find it a little odd that Parish only played 46% of game time and Langford only payed 54%.

Especially when you consider these other low numbers:

Merrett: 59%
Heppell: 65%
Myers: 61%

1 Like

A disgrace. Sack everyone.

1 Like

It’s almost like we didn’t go full on through the midfield and managed our players :thinking:

4 Likes

“See’s more in Langford and Myers”? I hope you are taking the p1ss mate! Langford has played a ■■■■ load of VFL!

There may not be criteria we know about yes- but we are not privy to that. On face value, I would not pick parish, Langford or zaharakis round 1. And that’s a BIG chunk of our midfield gone. Personally, I would not play parish or zaharakis on exposed form and give Langford another chance

I get that. I just don’t really understand why Langford and Parish needed such low minutes tonight. Has either one had an injury during pre-season?

anyway, I’m not bothered tonight. I missed the first half. I thought the second half we controlled most of the play and just made some typical pre-season clangers.

1 Like

In order of JLT Performance Rating Statistical Performance, I’d go Zaka>Langford>Parish.
I’d also be a fool to make important decisions without having the right info.

1 Like

I didn’t see much point in giving the 3 young blokes the last 10 minutes either but obviously the club had a plan in place for all these players going into the game. Who knows maybe Parish and Langford have been feeling sore during training.

2 Likes

Il agree to disagree. Zaka has looked weak over the pill and made diabolical decisions imo. I’m really disappointed with his games

3 Likes

No one I am pretty sure around here is privy to all of the relevant info. We can only comment on what is in front of our faces. On available evidence Parish is going to be extraordinarily lucky to be in the round 1 team. We saw last year that he came back ok after some vfl form.

Yeah, I agree with that - still have them in that order though. Maybe Zaka level with Langers. Both pretty poor-looking. But again - lots I don’t know. I’ll wait till a few games in to make an semi-educated judgement.

I wouldn’t be fussed if we traded Parish for a big body mid. would have taken Oliver if Melbourne didn’t trade up the draft order.

We could have had Tom Boyd if we had first pick or traded for him from GWS and he was any good and we wanted to throw $7m away.

4 Likes

So he played 32% then.

Would have also taken Sam Walsh this year if we had pick 1.

5 Likes

With about 57% of that not very well. So really, what we’re saying is he had only about 14% game.

1 Like