#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

23, 18 and 29 also concerns

Doubt it. More likely that we would have got some lightly built HBFer.

2 Likes

lol

1 Like

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :wink:

1 Like

Was it that obvious?

Iā€™m not used to him being sensible :grinning:

1 Like

Yep, improving rapidly.

Offseason has taught him that to win the Most Improved you have to come off a low base.

Heavy training load? Iā€™m always reading the training reports. The whole group doe fark all. one heavy session a week. Then all light sessions.

He like most of the team look like they have done fark all training. No one other then tippa looks clean with the footy. No one wants to run chase tackle. Everyone looks exactly the same as they did this time last year.

1 Like

He is worse than he was before he debuted.

Essington destroys another career

I have been a Darcy fan from the get go but I am starting to think Darce needs to worry about his best 22 spot . Dylan Clarke is bigger and tougher and will scrap for the ball on the inside big time and might just nudge him out if Darcys form does not improve.

Come off it. Dylan Clarke is nowhere near as good as Parish. Unfortunately Parish is just out of form. Wait until season proper.

Also I think Parish should play midfield, I can see him moving to another team and becoming very good if given a primary role.

This canā€™t be a permanent thing. Has to be a reason for his form.

Patience. It takes them 8 games and one sacked coach to gel.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve charted my enthusiasm for the start of the season over the last 2 weeks.

11 Likes

I should also start charting the number of posts I make in the wrong thread. :laughing:

4 Likes

Did you know that he keeps improving his output at this rate, tripling his disposals every week, in round 23 heā€™ll get around 10 billion disposals. Brownlow bet locked.

Maybe with a bit more strength he will become a top line tagger in the vein of K Cornes?

I didnā€™t see the game, but if theyā€™re parking him in the forward line (for whatever reason) then his strengths as a player are being muted atm.

His best footy is on the move around and through the packs, quick hands, good step and link up in general play. If you pick a kid who is a death-by-many-cuts midfielder, then you probably need to play him in the effing midfield. Even if he starts wing to avoid the big contested mids and then joins the field stoppages.

He got midfield minutes in the Banned year and looked good. Not a coincidence imo.

10 Likes

A well timed redraft order article.
Parish slips considerably.

God no.

1 Like

If you were basing anything off the JLT then JD, Dev and Fanta are in the 2s so maybe - just maybe - itā€™s not all itā€™s cracked up to be??

1 Like