#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Reading training reports does not make you an expert on their workloads.

1 Like

You may be on to something.

1 Like

No it doesn’t but certainly gives us a glimpse.

Gees, most players come good in their 4th season.

He is now entering his 4th season.

Relax, and ease up on the hate will ya’s.

3 Likes

I haven’t watched the whole game yet but his numbers relative to his time on ground aren’t too bad. Also it would seem he sat out virtually the whole second quarter. That has to be very disruptive to your rhythm and probably leave you feeling a little extra fatigued for the cool down. With that in mind the glimpses I saw of him in the bits I have seen he actually was reasonably effective.

Much the same could be said of Langford

3 Likes

Particularly given it was the 2nd quarter where we were outclassed.

1 Like

Watching the game yesterday I got the feeling the other players weren’t prepared to go to DP when he was clear and available. I can only recall one instance where he was given the ball. I do tend to watch purely as an emotional spectator so I’ll go home and watch the replay. (Although trying to analyse a game on TV is almost impossible.)

1 Like

Can’t say I blame them, really.

3 Likes

The only thing Parish needs is the one thing Blitz doesn’t like to give anyone - time.

6 Likes

OK, I am happy to give you time: it is currently 9:51 pm AEDST.

3 Likes

Thanks mate.

1 Like

Yep we finally pick the purest mid in a draft and instead of playing him there want him to play hff or forward pocket.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if he asked for a trade to a club who’ll give him a shot in his natural position at years end. I wouldn’t blame him either.

1 Like

Yeah, I reckon everyone should ask for a trade, actually.

If Essendon don’t win a final this year, then the entire senior list should be traded or delisted

2 Likes

What’s he worth on the trade table? Early second rounder? (not suggesting we do it, just a hypothetical)

Why do that - IF the supporters who are truly p11ssd off they can leave of their own free will.

Let’s do something completely different - no sacking of the coach or the players and instead lets just delist the supporters and then start again.

1 Like

Trade at end of year imo

Yep, the rookies should play in their place. And the VFL guys. And maybe a few others we find. You never know who’d make a great footballer really, do you?

Fck me, we’ve traded out Parish before the season has started…lol.

13 Likes