#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Donnington pls.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen people lose their ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  mind so much over pre-season games. Of course, i wasnā€™t on Blitz this time last year.

2 Likes

Just wait til the season starts, Match Day Thread, makes you lose your mind at other posters losing their mind. :grinning::grinning:

8 Likes

It doesnā€™t take muchā€¦

1 Like

hahahaā€¦I remember years ago - I used to go into those threads and put everyone on ignore. I ended up with about - I donā€™t know - maybe 15 people who werenā€™t ignored hahahahaha

7 Likes

Iā€™m actually not sure i have the stomach for it. It frustrates the hell out of me and i feel like i need to reply to every stupid post somebody makes haha. I might have to put a 2 day post game ban on myself.

4 Likes

Waitā€¦ You can ignore people?? This is a game changer.

I stopped going in there when l discovered l couldnā€™t ignore myself. Was driving myself crazy.

10 Likes

Do it. I havenā€™t been in one of those threads for years. It just upsets me too much. Also - Iā€™ve come to realise that different people release their frustration in different ways, and I can always choose what to read or not.

2 Likes

Not any more.
Unfortunately.
This forum is in several re-incarnations of software.

Oh bummer. I had about 15 people in mind already haha. I guess it wouldnā€™t be blitz without the weirdos.

1 Like

I got news for you - weā€™re the weirdoes to some :wink:

4 Likes

Blitzception

Thatā€™s the Carlton strategy, right?

1 Like

Donā€™t they say if youā€™re on public transport and you look around and canā€™t see the weirdo, then itā€™s you.

4 Likes

Oh boy, you are in for some excitement when you enter a match day thread.

4 Likes

Damn. So Iā€™ve needed a mirror all along - no wonder everybody looks at me strange on the Pakenham/Cranbourne line.

Iā€™ll read and participate in just about every footy related thread on Blitz but not the Matchday thread.
Itā€™s another world in there.
And not because itā€™s feral, overwrought, and has the emotional maturity of a three year old.
Thatā€™s always been a possibility at actual games.
Itā€™s because itā€™s the internet version, where no amount of good sense, considered footy opinion, or even a well aimed tinnie lobbed at their head will make some of these posters shut up and actually enjoy the football.

Tips.
The VFL Game Thread on the other hand is a joyful thing to follow.
Save yourself for the Match Review Thread where, no matter how insightful or bizarre your take on the game, someone will probably like you

9 Likes

I generally donā€™t go near the match day threads either. They are next level bonkers.

4 Likes

Well, I personally expect anyone posting on a internet forum about the team they are supporting on game day to be completely level headed

10 Likes