#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

I know right, I also go to the footy and expect complete calm from everyone.

1 Like

Match day threads are also usually saturated with binge drinking gameday posters too which ramps up the foot- stamping brigade.

4 Likes

At the footy there are opposition players and supporters to vent at, incite, pour scorn on etc.

Game Day thread is an internal ■■■■ fight where it’s Bomber players & supporters who are the targets.
Internet bubble par excellence.

The umpires are the exception- they cop it both live and virtually ( often deservedly)

Maybe I will give it another chance.

7 Likes

:joy: touche

1 Like

You aren’t supposed to read the match day thread so much as just post your random uninhibited thoughts on whatever just happened.

It’s a beautiful place, and a joy to read through after the game.

Yes, alcohol helps.

7 Likes

You are feeling sleepy

Your eyes are heavy

When I click my fingers you will know.

Darcy Parish will be such an elite player you will say his name inside his name. Darcy _______ Darcy Parish ________ Parish.

4 Likes

I got Kevin Spacey. Not good. :grin:

1 Like

To be fair, it’s been a tough 15 years. But yeah, what he said

We can only comment on what we see. Saying “he’ll be right” because of a mythical trend isn’t an argument.

Updated thanks #metoo

2 Likes

And saying he won’t because of half-game practice matches is an argument?

1 Like

People are merely reacting to his career up until now. The practice matches are just continuing the questions people have about him.

If you take away the practice matches, Parish had a fine ending to the season. His performance was trending upwards. So you’re either counting the practice matches - or didn’t have the same opinion with regards to last season. Which is it?

2 Likes

Nah. Many are judging him on the whatever JLT matches. I agree that he played very poorly in those matches, but he is still best 22 for mine. I reckon he starts in R1 & am prepared to give him at least a month before passing judgement (even then, I prolly won’t, as I don’t like to give up so easily on young, Essendon players).

3 Likes

I don’t think he played that bad in the JLT.

Just sayin’

I heard once that if you run into an a-hole on the way to work, everybody at work is being an a-hole, the person who serves you lunch is an a-hole, etc, you know what? Maybe YOU’RE being the a-hole?

1 Like

I don’t understand how people can follow the match day thread and pay attention to the game at the same time

3 Likes

My problem is with the coaching not giving him the chance to develope properly.
He needs to stop being played in the forward line.

His second jlt game was actually not bad at all
Had something like 15 touches in less then 50% game time.

And of that 50% game time he played most of it as a forward too.

1 Like

It took me a while to realise that you don’t follow it. It’s just vent, move on and vent again.

1 Like