#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

I reckon he will start in the seniors. Why do you think it seems the other way?

Training the other day seemed to be AFL(white) vs VFL(red) and darc was in red.

Was smack in white?

I believe he was, so was Laverde.

3 Likes

Yep. Smack has to play with no Daniher.

Laverde rarely in the white. Less likely than Parish I believe.

Talk VERDE to me

But if big dumb ex-players commentating on the game say it enough times doesnā€™t it eventually become true?

2 Likes

Very disappointing by Parish to not be in the round 1 team. Canā€™t disagree after the rubbish JLT form shown. Is it over the top to say a 21 year old is at a career crossroads at round 1? Well, yeah it probably is, but in what I think is a pivotal year for the young man, he has made a poor start.
Hope he can turn it around

1 Like

Hopefully the wake up call he needs. His development has really stalled and he needs to decide what he wants from football. Give him a month in the VFL to get some confidence

2 Likes

Probably get a hammering hereā€¦ oh wellā€¦

Heā€™s not quick, big, or exceptionally skilled. Nor does he have exceptional levels of mongrel, nor does he read the play exceptionally well. Not sure you could say that about any of our other midsā€¦ they all tick at least one of those boxes at the elite level.

yeah, gonna say you have nfi if this is your opinion.

4 Likes

I reckon he has a great burst of speed off the mark, and he has elite hands. He can play, no doubt

6 Likes

I would say if he read it exceptionally well weā€™d probably be seeing a little more from him. Heā€™s way better than suggested in that post though.

Youā€™ll get a hammering because half of what youā€™ve said is wrong.

He is skilled, is quick and reads the play well

No fā€“ing idea, hey? Heā€™s fully fit and playing twos. Tell me how that happens if he is exceptional. Not just good or very goodā€¦ exceptional, elite.

how is essendon a good club if we canā€™t win a final for 15 years?

Mate, completely different topic

Nah, I think itā€™s more that around stoppages heā€™s on the move before anyone else and in general play is always moving that makes people think heā€™s quicker than he is. Off the mark I think heā€™d be very average, not terrible mind you, just nothing special.

Anyway I hope they give him a bit of time at VFL level and then bring him in as a clearance player when the opportunity arises. Heā€™ll either make it as a smaller inside player or he wonā€™t.

1 Like

Donnington is ahead of his time :joy: