#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

ready to lump parish in with laverde and langford as yeah nah just not going to make it.

hahahaha
Look - I love Hurls. But …exceptional skills? Marking, stopping, speed, handballing, field kick - not sure if any of those are exceptional. I guess ‘exceptional’ is not exactly a defined quantity. I do think Hurley is an exceptional defender, though. Which comes back to my original point.

2 Likes

Parish has played about 4 VFL games in his first three years and now because he’s been squeezed out of the team this week, he’s at the crossroads in his career?

He could still play 20+ games this year

4 Likes

Dees rushed to get pick 3 in front of us so as they could snag Oliver. We took Parish with the next pick. Think the frickin Dorks won that one.

No mongrel?

Yeah nah.

3 Likes

How did he get so timid?

Remember him strutting around like a peacock and sledging the fark out of Melbourne in just his second game.

He’s playing with bigger, tougher people now.
He’s still very young. Give him time.

2 Likes

This thread is redefining stupid. In fact it’s now even spelt ‘stoopid’.

It’s like the Purple Flog has hacked heaps of Blitz accounts with his bs trumped up drama. Kid gets overlooked, has to prove himself in the twos, we know what his best is. Remember how the footy works? Darcy was excellent second half of last year, he will get better.

7 Likes

Make a noise in the mountain and cause an avalanche.

FFS, this is not the end of the world. Its an indication that we have a very good, deep, balanced midfield. Darcy is at worst one kick to the calf away from a recall, at best he will fight his way back into the side by lifting his game. There is pressure on Guelfi to maintain his spot.

Thats the way it should be.

6 Likes

What’s he worth in a trade? Apply the narrative ‘forced out’ because of Heppell, Shiel, Smith, Merrett (midfield depth) ‘but has talent’ and you never know what Gold Coast might stump up.

Wondering why we didn’t rush to get pick 3

Realistically, maybe a 2nd rounder based on his form at the moment? i wouldnt be trading him though. hes still only 21 and weve seen the potential he has.

How would you have done that, if it were you?

3 Likes

Probably trade pick 5.

“Can’t wait believe we picked Oliver over Francis!”

Nino would have traded pick 5 for pick 3?
I’m sold!
(then I would have selected Francis with #3)

He deserved to be left out on his poor JLT performances but I wouldn’t give up on him just yet

2 Likes

would have had to trade our future 1st to the gold coast which would have meant we would have missed out on McGrath. We probably would have had to give up Francis too. come one Nino, think about this.

Darcy “Vanilla” Parish

2 Likes

cough

2 Likes

fck you buddy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like