#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Send me nudes, and I’ll consider it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What did Dees give up to move ahead of us ?

Pick 5 & 24 for 3 & 34. This is similar value to what Melbourne did if you take out pick 10 traded for 2016 1st rounder (9). Not saying thats a deal GC would definitely have preferred just its a possible way, admittedly in hindsight, that we could have gotten Oliver if we had any idea what sort of player he would become.

Pick 6 (became 9), 29 (became 34) & 2016 1st rounder (pick 9)
for - Pick 3 (4) ,10 (on-traded to get pick 9) & 43

From memory - wasn’t our pick 24 involved in the trade with Saints for Carlisle? Wasn’t that part of the deal? Without that, we wouldn’t have had Francis, let alone Oliver. I’m not 100% on this, so correct me if I’m wrong.

Pick 24 is what we got back in the Carlisle trade which became pick 29 after academy picks & we drafted Morgan. We traded our pick 23 to Sydney for Bird as part of the deal. Its a nightmare these days trying to track trade values as the traded picks end up being completely different on draft day. In my possible scenario we could have drafted Oliver with pick 4 (traded as pick 3) & then still had pick 5 (4th live pick) to draft either Francis or Parish. The traded pick 5 to GC then would have become pick 6. Again this is pure spitball of what was possible in hindsight.

1 Like

He will be back, better than ever. A quality player… in the making.

6 Likes

Imagine getting two rangas out of the one draft!

I wonder if Melbourne would take Langers for Oliver?

Langers needs a bigger stage than what Melbourne can provide.

4 Likes

Seriously?

Can’t believe Dodoro didn’t think of that. Dodoro out, Nino in.

2 Likes

Brayshaw didn’t start last year and ended with 21 Brownlow votes. Things can turn quickly.

1 Like

Was that not due to injury?

Possibly haha

Just did a quick search - wasn’t injured.

Sure, stick him in the VFL, but for gods sake stick him in the gutz as an in and under then bring him back in as the same.

3 Likes

hahahahahaha…whaddya reckon?

Cant understand why we didnt take up Ports offer a few years ago of a 3rd rounder for Fantasia, Dodoro could of landed a late round gem!

1 Like

Parish can absolutely play, imo. He’s just got to find his feet and work out how to use his strengths as a player at AFL level. His career is not at the crossroads at all, unless he gives up. Which isn’t in his nature.

17 Likes