#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

After yesterdays game the obvious reaction would be to play Parish but I would persist with him at VFL level.

No point bringing him back in only to play him on a flank.

5 or 6 games of leather poisoning will do his confidence some good and the freedom that VFL level allows will help him work on his kicking skills.

1 Like

I understand the philosophy. But which muppet gets gifted with another game given the debacle on the weekend.

In my opinion you cannot just back the team in on the back of that rubbish. As such, you elevate the best VFL performer, at least.

3 Likes

I would bring Clarke in personally.

Physically I think heā€™s ready and there is little more he can learn at VFL level.

I just know that Clarke will end up on a flank though.

We also donā€™t 100% know why Parish wasnā€™t named. It might be in response to something he either has or hasnā€™t done. If they were sending him a message by playing him in the 2s then one week will hardly do it. Thereā€™s so many players i want to drop for him though haha.

1 Like

you mean build back up the confidence he lost because he was dropped?

Woosha has been playing as a HFF. Time to put him in the guts.

Time for a lot of things actually.

Who knows but its clear heā€™s not having enough impact and a practice match against the worst VFL side wont fix anything.

5 or 6 weeks will make him hungry then bring him back.

1 Like

Heā€™s not good enough to play midfield.

He has plenty to work on.

Next week EFC VFL are playing a final practice match at Sandy on Saturday at 12.00 (i think)

1 Like

When your argument was ā€˜Heā€™s never gonna be an A grade mid,ā€™ I could at least understand it.

But now you reckon heā€™s not even good enough to play as a mid?

Take the blinkers off occasionally, will ya?

5 Likes

I meant right now.

He can still play a role but he needs to improve on his outside game.

He handballs the ball far too much.

Just like McGrath was doing last season.

He has to work on finding space and kicking the ball or heā€™s never going to make it as an inside mid.

Heā€™s too small to play pure inside.

that argument is ridiculous,

look at rory sloan for example, around the exact same height and weight as parish yet heā€™s a great inside midfielder.

he might not be great at the moment but the only way he will improve is by playing him through the middle in the ones, not on the flanks or in the vfl. I genuinely think he has the attributes to one day be a really solid performer, he just needs to be given a chance.

1 Like

Heā€™s already played good football as a pure mid, even in his first year when he was half the size of what he is now, not to mention the 2017 final.

Not exceptional football, and I understand the argument for him having a limited ceiling, but thereā€™s more to judge his career on than two disappointing JLT games.

I agree that in an ideal world, he plays a few weeks of VFL to get some consistency going.

But he was a clear BOG in the VFL when the AFL team - and the midfield specifically - were utter garbage. Heā€™s gonna play seniors this week.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not as convinced as you are that he will come straight back in but we will see.

Woosha is as stubborn as I have seen and injuries aside I think we will go in unchanged.

Except possibly Langford for somebody.

You think Langford might be dropped? Why?

1 change.

In: Parish
Out: Langford

3 Likes

Because in the past after a terrible performance from the side Woosha has generally dropped Langers.

You know it :grinning:

Haha, that might be a hard sell this time.

Nothing would surprise me with Woosha

A game plan?