#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

A FARKN MEN

One of our few players who keeps their feet and tracks the contest and is often the last person running at the end of a contested chain and clears the ball, like a damned Panther, and when he sees his moment he grabs it and bursts and delivers great passes

You can also tell he watched us during his time off because he’s running forward to get easy shots on goal, which is what oppoonent mids usually do to us

Is back to his best

A breakout game for Darcy
Kick straighter and he will bag 3 each game

That handball was akin the Muhammad Ali Sonny Liston punch. No one saw it!!

1 Like

Games like that will help us get Martin. Is he the answer? I’m not convinced that he’s got the tools but will be happily proven wrong

That’s a politician’s apology if ever I heard one.
“Played mostly outside game”

Try watching those handballs from packs to release Fanta (and I forget who else but set up another goal)
He played inside and outside AND presented as a resting forward.
Cue “why are we trying to develop his game outside & as a forward?”
This game is why.

On a serious note, sometimes it takes time, but Parish is now a more rounded and more damaging mid than Oliver, who is in danger of becoming a one trick crash & bash player with average disposal skills.

2 Likes

Let’s not get carried away.

7 Likes

Have to admit I’m with @Killer_Mike on this one as I have my doubts about Parish. If he continues with performances like last night, I’ll have to eat my words though.

Played very well last night, ran hard, competed well and some of those handballs were excellent.

Lost to work on still, but a great game for the young fella.

well done.

1 Like

I’ve been consistently saying this for over a year.
Just a bit more obvious to some last night

Has a bit of fire in the belly
Let him roam and play midfield

1 Like

Whilst I reckon Martin type is the answer for us we would never get Dusty
Lets not dream about things that will not happen and focus on getting our own hard bodied fast explosive mongrel type Martin

I didn’t miss myers at all

1 Like

Talk about getting carried away :joy:

More rounded and damaging than Oliver?

It’s one farking game that was way better than his own benchmark but hardly farking elite.

Take your hand off it Windsockboy!

Was thinking about Jack from GC actually but an out of form Dusty looking for some reinvigoration to his career would fit perfectly at Essendon

That was a better game than anything Langford has dished up in my opinion.

3 Likes

Langford’s his teammate not the opposition

1 Like

Bit rich coming from a bloke who only has negative things to say about any player that threatens to take langfords spot lol

Parish was great last night, and he still only played about half the game as a midfielder

Given the time I know he’ll be a great mid.

At least you can recognise he wasn’t all midfield now.

You are learning.

?

What.

1 Like