#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Darc is pure talent, has mongrel and knows how to put himself in damaging positions, particularly when given midfield responsibility - a position he consistently excels in! Heā€™s so dynamic in the guts, has lightening hands and energises the group with his run and involvement. He gives Essendon a different/confident look and needs to stay in the middle ffs. Itā€™s his 4th year In the system John. Just give him a decent run in the guts!

6 Likes

Yes please just play him midfield at least 80% of the time.

Just needs a decent go at it!

2 Likes

another solid game. has. great hands. needs more game time in the guts.

3 Likes

Even in a great win there are a few players who were a tad ordinary. This week its young Darcy. His decision making and disposals were off. Hopefully he will get his mojo back next week or he might need a to get some leather poisoning in the VFL.

1 Like

Had a couple of poor kicks but is fast becoming an important piece in the midfield rotations. He was ok.

15 Likes

He had one howler which was meant for Heppell but went across goal and landed in a north players lap who kicked truely.
Other than that he went alright.
But because Shiel and zerrett were so prolific didnā€™t notice parish as much.

4 Likes

His disposal is areal concern. And Iā€™m not just talking about that one howler. Has it always been a question mark because it shocking at times

3 Likes

Yeah heā€™s never been a great kick

1 Like

People that donā€™t watch draft shocked when a non elite kick doesnā€™t kick elitely. For further proof see the McGrath thread.

3 Likes

When we lost Zaharakis and Smith I thought that Parish would really need to step up for us to win. I was obviously wrong and it shows how strong a performance it was from Hep, Zac and Shiel. Iā€™d be interested to understand how much time Parish had on the ball.

1 Like

Yep, I love Darcy Parish.

That was one of his poorer contributions.

Needs to be in and under to shine.

1 Like

Parish is a weird one. I dont think heā€™ll ever be as good as what we want him to be.

He could well be the one to miss out for zaka or smith.

1 Like

Lol you guys were singing his praises a couple of weeks ago.

He showed his potential a couple of weeks ago and now he has to fight back to that level.

Dropping blokes every second week does nothing for their confidence.

Would love for him to play on Sidebottom on Anzac Day and try and nullify his influence around stoppages and more importantly run with him on the outside.

I know Woosha doesnā€™t like that though.

2 Likes

Darcyā€™s kicking let him down yesterday.

His running and quick hands were quite reasoanable.

The only way he is going to get better is to play more games, and work on these weaknesses. Heā€™s too good for VFL.

10 Likes

He shanked two in a row and the second resulted in a direct goal. Has to get that out of his game and itā€™s clearly a confidence thing, you can see it in his face - he doesnā€™t get over it quick enough. Donā€™t mind this as it means heā€™s passionate, but the more he soaks up from a Devon Smith the better. Just get on with it and youā€™ll be a vital cog in an emerging power midfield.

1 Like

Further to this Iā€™d love to see him thrown in and under all day v pies, just run him ragged and have him come out the end with a bandaged head and a medal.

Yeah but the thing is, competition for spots is tight now. If you have a down week and calibre to come in, you may be unlucky

He might stay in im not sure. Personally id cannon bags and ham will be dropped, but it could well be ham and parish for zaka and Smith. Be interesting to see which way they go

2 Likes

I donā€™t agree with that at all.

We are building a premiership team and that means keeping consistency within the lineup and trying to execute the game plan as a whole.

Bouncing players out of the side might get an immediate reaction at first but it doesnā€™t help with whatā€™s more important which is character.

He just has to work harder. Heā€™s not a kid anymore.

Okay, who are you dropping for smith and zaka?