#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Ham is the obvious one. He’s been on the list two minutes and had his first crack which is all you can expect. He will be back.

The second spot will most likely come down to Guelfi or Parish but I don’t see how that can help Parish when he’s already played VFL this year.

So, you are agreeing with me that it may be parish. Lol. It will probably be one of them though yeah.

It may not be too. They both deserve a game ahead of bags, its so fkn obvious that it should be bags because he is literally the most ineffective player at the moment. But i dont reckon it comes down to who’s played VFL or not. Guelfi was really good yesterday too, probably better than darcy

1 Like

I think given the game Guelfi played and given that Baguley has been just going it should be:

In: Zaka, Smith
Out: Ham, Bags

Guelfi plays the harassing half forward role. He’s quick enough,he tackles hard. There’s no reason why he can’t do as good a job and if needed can join the mid rotation at times.

5 Likes

Parish should never have come back into the team in my opinion.

I said it at the time that if you get dropped you need to do 4-6 games at VFL and then get an extended run at AFL level.

I hate seeing players that are in their 3rd or 4th years getting bounced. I don’t think that philosophy has produced anything more than fringe players.

I’d keep parish over Myers in the team.

5 Likes

I would too but we just know that will never happen

I know

Unfortunately I am expecting him to be dropped.

Id still drop baguely first, and defintely myers before him who was about as equally bad as darce yesterday.

But yeah guelfi was too good to drop and therefore I expect parish is a goner.

myers baguley.

next

1 Like

His kicking was pretty bad and it’s a real possibility with two senior mids coming back that he may miss. However what I’ve seen over the past few weeks his running ability and positioning especially when playing half forward/ outside has been great so it may save him.

Was it? Can’t say I noticed being neither here nor there

People will notice the howler and ping his skills on that one kick. Then they ignore the bullet pass onto the chest of the leading forward.

He is not an elite kick but his disposal isn’t as bad as people will make out at times.

He certainly wasn’t at his best yesterday but after two very good weeks that is going to happen, it happens to all young players and quite a few old players. You can’t be in the best every single week. He wasn’t the worst player out there. He just needs to find a way to lesson the worst games so that he is a more consistent player. That takes time and experience though.

2 Likes

wait til dylan clarke comes in, he looks like hes in pain when he kicks.

Will be a little nervous this week, that turnover at half back that had Woosh with his head in his hands and some other dropped marks & poor use might see him in the gun with Zaka and Smith back.

Especially as Guelfi ripped it up and is better outside player than Parish and Ham was a freak show with his running and pressure on debut

Pies have Phillips as elite endurance running winger so if we wanted to set Ham a task we could.

1 Like

The problem with his kicking is not just his execution, which is erratic, but decision making also. Feel he chooses the wrong option by foot too often.

By contrast he’s great with his hands and I’d be happier if his option is to dispose by hand.

He’s an interesting case. When he’s good he’s great, as he was a couple of weeks ago, but then he has those performances where he bombs. In a dominant team yesterday I thought he was one of our poorer players.

Needs some consistency and I think it’s a combination of getting his head right and playing within his limitations.

1 Like

I didn’t think he was that bad… He made a couple of mistakes but was right back into the thick of it to try to make up for it.
I would be very disappointed if he was dropped…

3 Likes

One thing he needs to do is simply find more of it. These 16-18 possesion games are not good enough

He needs to be finding it mid 20s most weeks

5 Likes

I disagree strongly that his decision making is a concern. I’d argue it’s one of his best traits especially when it comes to a really quick decision is required and right up there with others at the club.

2 Likes

I know it’s not how we roll, but it might be worth considering finding a team that wants the kind of player he is instead of trying to turn him into the kind of player we want.

4 Likes

Parish has never been an elite kick.

Up the ground I’d say he was AFL average, with a tendency to bite off a bit too much.

When in the forward half, I’d say he is an above average kick especially when compared to some of his more experienced teammates.