#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

We just have to accept that he’s going to be nothing more than a solid player and that’s not a bad thing.

2 Likes

That will simply never happen

No, ‘we’ really don’t, Nino. You may, though. :wink:

The peak age for footballers is usually in the 23-27 year-old bracket, so I am happy to back the kid in. 2 more years of development and I reckon he will be an inside beast.

5 Likes

Pick 2 out of Bags/Guelfi/Parish/Ham

Yeah he got into good spots. Just didn’t do much when he was there.

What do I win?

Parish is a great kick. He can kick really well with his left foot too. Certainly couple of those turnovers are from fatigue maybe.

I can live with good players occasionally making a couple of mistakes, like Heppell or Shiel for example. Another is McKenna…he is elite. But he does turn it over from kick ins. I can live with it. There is no reason to harp on about it.

It is those older players who have kept better younger players out, that makes me infuriated when they turn it over.

4 Likes

…in his best position, which is “rover” in the old language. But who could he displace in the midfield?

im a massive Darcy “Darcy Parish” Parish fan, he is not a great kick.

1 Like

He is in the same dilemma as last year. He is a good inside mid and he is average away from the contest. He needs to be good enough to either push out one of our primary mids or he needs to continue to improve outside game. He is improving though, just had a poor night.

I wouldn’t mind seeing him getting some of Myers’ onball time. And it wouldn’t kill Zaka to spend some more time on the wing rather than crashing in at the stoppages. But it’s not a matter of Parish going into the middle and someone else disappearing from there never to be seen again. It’s a matter of giving him some more roving time in the rotation.

He’s already playing, we might as well use the bloke.

3 Likes

A bag of ham

1 Like

Had a poor game, but need to back him in.

1 Like

I’m in!

I think he meant a bag of Deckham. But pronounced with a kiwi accent…

2 Likes

what were his best traits prior to being drafted ?
for some reason i thought it was his skill and decision making that were his best traits, hence he went no.4.

he sure as hell doesn’t seem to be an outside mid at present so playing him as such seems pointless.
and he isn’t going to replace hepp or myers cos they are the leadership group and neither of those 2 have better skill or decision making so they can’t rotate on the outside more either, or hsouldn’t be more to the point.

so I don’t see where it leaves him this year. have they actually developed him wrong by trying to make him a jack of all trades (inside, outside and HFF) while lacking the ability to master any of them.

After a couple of good weeks- good linkup play, consistently good disposals etc- he had a poor night. Back him in. He’s a jet.

2 Likes

Could he potentially take Bagg’s role as the defensive small forward? Still rotate through the middle of course.

Not quick enough IMO. Needs to be on the ball, thats it with Darcy. So thats where we should play him… inside mid and let him be the player he is meant to be.

3 Likes

Out Ham Bags
In Glad Rags

2 Likes