#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Great work to beat 3 opponents to get the ball to Guelfi who passed to Brown for that goal deep in the pocket in the 3rd.

1 Like

Agree. It happened at least 3 times in the first half. Once Nth got the initial possession from the long direct kick in, they had space and run into the space around their forward 50 for the next.
The solution is fairly obvious. Once we see a long kick in up the middle leave the boot, one of our zone not in play (eg wing area) should immediately head back to cover the space deep behind our zone ie around opposition 50m line to prevent a long kick over the back.

Darcy being omitted is seriously farked up. This boy will leave the Bombers at the end of the yearā€¦put the house on it !!! And Baugley stays W T F

2 Likes

It was the right call to make. You canā€™t play him most other areas on the ground other than inside mid. I would prefer to give him a run in there for more than half a game but the coaches are obviously trying to teach him to be more versatile.

1 Like

If he asks for a trade the pick we get in return we will trade it for an inside bull

Trade the pick for Will Brodie or Brayden Sier

If he was good enough he would be in the team.

8 Likes

If thatā€™s the case, we botched the pick.

Either way, thereā€™s cause to be salty.

1 Like

The clanger alone was reasonable grounds for omission.

Only if you throw a tantrum without thinking about the development of a player. Parish is still young and developing, not all top 10 picks are great players from the start, some take longer and Parish is one of those. He has the skills required just needs to add more strings to his bow.

3 Likes

Parish wasnā€™t amazing last week but he shouldnā€™t have been dropped imo given his body of work over the past month.

There are others who Are guaranteed selection despite output and thatā€™s what frustrates. Baugley was terrific last year but based on output Iā€™m not convinced he should be in.

Pleasing to see Redman and Ridley in but the handling of some of our youth continues to puzzle me.

7 Likes

hope you havenā€™t heard any concerning whispers W_D.

Not yet but something is bound to give at some point if this continues - parish, Francis and Langford (Laverde little different given he is returning from injury).

Rival clubs are definitely sniffing contract or not.

1 Like

Shocking he was dropped, his output is significantly greater than other players (Baguely). Yet is also matching Myer for midfield output.

Very harsh and IMHO a poor selection which will result in ramifications down the track.

3 Likes

Is it really shocking he was dropped thoughā€¦? nah.

3 Likes

cough Myers cough

Seriously, how fkd up is the repeated selection of this crab while young talent who could be something for our future rot in the VFL before possibly leaving us? Wouldnā€™t be surprised in the slightest if Parish left at years end and perhaps Langford too. What a fkg joke.

1 Like

The players voted Myers into the leadership group. Hazard a guess, but I reckon they respect him, not sit their thinking they should have his spot.

I have

Myers was way better than Parish last week.

Iā€™m all for the idea of Myers making way for Parish / Langford, but this wasnā€™t the week for it imo.

9 Likes

Whoā€™s suggesting that? Not me. The above are MY thoughts and I know that thereā€™s a very real possibility we will lose some of our young talent thatā€™s not getting senior opportunity. My view is the constant selection of Myers in particular despite modest (at best) results takes that opportunity away from players like Langford & Parish. We did push out Goddard last year who was still performing at a reasonable level and seeing Redman, Ridley and Francis all play in defence this year, that decision is well and truly justified yet we persist with the perennial under achiever that is Myers. Itā€™s a fkg joke.

8 Likes

Much like Langford, I donā€™t see the point of playing Parish in the same side as Myers.

Myers in means Darcy goes to the outside, which is clearly not his bag and ends up hurting his development as an AFL footballer.

At this stage he needs to be playing in the guts, if not in the AFL then in the VFL - where he can string together some dominant games in his preferred position and try to force the coaches hand. I just hope the coaches, and the football gods allow him the opportunity to press his case.

1 Like