#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

I think people are panicking a little too much about players leaving. Sure, if players don’t get any games then that’s obvious. But it’s a long season and we will definitely turn to that full 30 player or so group quite often. That includes Parish, Francis, Laverde, Langford, Begley and Draper.

Hasn’t Myers already stated that this will likely be his last year? Bags probably retires too. Bellchambers and even Hooker probably not far behind them. So there’s definitely a few spots opening up. And let’s remember that all of those 6 players are good enough to break into the 22 and stay there.

Whatever the coaches and selectors are doing right now it’s working. I like winning. So stick to the formula that keeps us doing that. If we start struggling and losing it’s most likely our older role players that will make way for the blokes playing good footy in the VFL e.g. Ambrose (Francis), Myers (Parish/Langford), Baguley (Begley/Laverde), etc.

3 Likes

Wait…
are you suggesting that people here are overreacting??

6 Likes

Just because those players can stay in the best 22, doesn’t mean they are good enough to. It just means that our ultra conservative selection committee will always go for experience over talent and form.

Are you kidding me? Myers hardly makes a mistake? He has games where every touch is a turnover. He obviously keeps his place after these games.

Yeah, but not that many turnovers cause he doesn’t get that many touches

Well, mostly Myers makes mistakes in traffic or under pressure. He is quite good with disposal when given time and space.

Parish however is exceptional in traffic and under pressure, but as he demonstrated last weekend he can screw up the occasional disposal when under little pressure.

1 Like

Parish had to be dropped. Guelfi was too good last week and our structure is working really well so there’s no way they’d start shuffling players around. He just needs to come in and play more consistently. Feel sorry for him missing the ANZAC game though.

1 Like

The only thing that ■■■■■■ me off about Parish being dropped is that he is being played out of position and then expected to produce results.

someone posted a stat on here the other day that Walla, Fantasia and stringer all attended more centre bounces than parish did agains NM.
I don’t see the point in having him in the team if they aren’t going to play him in his proper position, the annoying thing is that Myers misses a week, so Parish gets to play more in his natural spot. Parish proceeds to play a really great game (Better than what Myers produces 90% of the time) Myers comes back in the next week, takes parish spot, and now Parish is dropped.

Where is the rewarding of good games?
We are to quick to hand games to players like Myers and Baguley even when they play average and even quicker to drop Players like Parish and Langford after they play average.

2 Likes

Sounds like Parish is taking the same path out of the club that people said Francis was taking last year.

When will the exodus end?

3 Likes

Third year at the club and his disposal ios still RS. Needs to tidy up this area to progress to a bonafide B grader.

Parish stiff but Langford there is a reason he’s not in the side. The bloke is not aggressive enough and dosen’t show any mongrel until she shows these thing he won’t get picked.

1 Like

I imagine he had shoes on when he stood next to Darcy…

One of Parish or Bags had to make way. Should’ve been Bags, but Parish was bog ordinary last week too and this was always a possibility. Regardless, on paper we’re a better team this week than last.

In a slight possibility Parish was to leave at the end of the year, would his currency be valid for a 1st rounder still?. I was thinking that 1st and a 2nd for round pick for Jack Martin as a replacement if he did leave.

He’s crap and garbage and his disposal is terrible…we should be able to get a 1st rounder for him easily.

Never change Blitz.

1 Like

Reckon a late first rnd or early 2nd.

That’s certainly how it reads if blitz is one person.

Myers out
130-112

Myers in
112-65
116-58

Different opposition of course but the two weeks in is quite a different score line.

Little misleading don’t you think?

The second game we had more shots on goal but kicked more behinds, if we had kicked straight it would have read 21.10 verses 20.10. The 1st game without Parish we kicked only 3 less goals, hardly a big difference.

Myers out 20.10
Myers in 17.10
Myers in 17.14

Mid second probably. Think what you would be happy for us to part with for a player in Darcy’s situation. That would leave us with 3 second rounders and a chance to trade back into the first round. All hypothetical obviously.