#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

You are correct. One was learning a new position so that makes a lot of sense.

I’m just really dissapointed in these guys. I felt that at the start of the season we needed 2 of McGrath, Langford and Parish to make leap. So far McGrath has but:

Langford still plays nice football, doesn’t show intent enough or an appetite to dominate. That’s not the coaches fault.

Parish has shown poor disposal by foot continuously and has gone backwards in that regard. I’m not sure whether that is on the coaches or not. Maybe he just can’t kick.

We’ve got zero injuries to best 22 players(maybe smack) at the moment which restricts opportunity. We will get them and those missing will get a go.

We should have been playing more kids when some of the senior players were underdone. Parish being left out round one, when Merret and raz were unfit was bad.

I think we need to show a little more patience with both players.

Agreed. Hopefully they have the patience to hang around

1 Like

My view on managing player expectations is for the coaches to be transparent about where they sit regarding best 22, and what they have to do to get into the side. At least both parties know what the deal is.

1 Like

He’s back in!

He is not leaving us after all…well there goes our first round pick chance.

1 Like

Better than Fantasia.

1 Like

DARCY FN PARISH.

HOW MUCH HE PAYING FOR THE MEDAL?

Welcome back Darcy.

This all your fault.

Better improve on last week. Time to make a stand for yourself son…

ORAZIO out is huge, but he saved Darcy’s career at Essendon. Lock him in to a 5 year contract.

Geelong, Melbourne or Carlton would definately snap him up.

A year ? :thinking:

Has zero confidence ATM, needs to find a bit of on the second half and hopefully that sparks him

1 Like

Has no faith in his footskills at the moment.

He has been working hard this game, really putting himself into good positions, but he knows his kicking is letting him down so he is making the wrong choices when he gets it. Hopefully the second half he will get the confidence back. A spell int he seconds wouldn’t kill him and might help him get that confidence back.

There was a reason he was picked at #5 and he has to start believing in himself.

Watching him here today at the G validates why he wasn’t initially picked.

Here’s to a huge second half Darcy “Darcy Parish” Parish.

Good 3rd Darcy…now go out there in the 4th & do what we know you can do