#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Ham would of done more, wow didn’t see Parish get any hard ball get or set any play up.

I do like the guy and high hopes for him but some of the bias towards him is just rose coloured glasses

1 Like

9 contested possessions and 29 pressure acts and 5 tackles.

Are you channeling your inner KM of trolling?

3 Likes

I was just typing this, you beat me to it. I’m not even a Parish fan but i’ve found myself defending him.

1 Like

He certainly wasn’t the greatest player out there but some of the stuff written is crazy.

1 Like

Thought he worked into the game and was important working into space. Made some critical contests in the second quarter despite not necessarily winning the footy. Used the ball fairly well. Eg- Kicked a beautiful pass into Shiel in the last - who unfortunately dropped the mark.

I thought he played as I’d expect him to, giving us quick hands and a linking option. Far from poor.

6 Likes

Terrible first half.

Great second half.

Sums up his year really.

3 Likes

You’re saying the second half of his year is going to be be great? That’s good to hear.

5 Likes

I’ve just about had it with parish. Have a look at his effort mins from the end when tippa turned it over and de goey marked. Parish didn’t even look like he was trying to contest the footy. ■■■■ weak

love how people have it like that with parish, but zakas made a career of it.

1 Like

And therein lies one of the many problems with this club

1 Like

Agree that didnt look great but the kick was short. Could have lunged at it but may have lost his feet which is equally as costly.

His mind was in two places but would have loved it he could have nullified the contest. I was disappointed.

But games like this are gold in terms of experience for kids and figuring how to play when both sides are spent and the game is on the line in front of 90k. Its finals like experience.

I thought Parish was OK today. I think his issue is that he is just a footballer who can’t help but go at the ball all the time. A few days today I saw him drawn to the contest that he didn’t need to be in (we already had numbers at the ball), and the ball spilled to a Collingwood player who had waited outside.

As he keeps learning he’ll get better at picking and choosing when to go. At the moment he tends to be an old school “you don’t get to pick and choose when to go” type.

1 Like

Fourth best mid out there today for us. Although there was daylight after 3rd.

Players like Parish attract polar opinions. The truth is somewhere in between. He wasn’t bad, he wasn’t particularly good. An average game, but he needs to do better considering players like Guelfi and Redman are now going past him.

5 Likes

Had only the 1 clearance, is that a reflection of his time spent on the inside?

1 Like

Funny, but I seem to recall Zaka getting reamed about it all his ■■■■■■ career, yet people go in to bat and defend when others do it?

He had an ok 2nd half. His first half was shocking. The bloke is treading water and is being mis-manged for mine. Give him 6 weeks in the magoos to get his confidence cherry ripe, then bring him in. His disposal is usually neat, but is a liability right now (very hit n miss). He looks like a player struggling. So take the ■■■■■■ pressure off and get his headspace right.

I hardly notice him when he plays doesn’t do enough.

Oddly I noticed a couple of really poor efforts.
Maybe he just misread those few. He seemed to spend some time on Sidebottom who’s one of the smarter players in the game, and terrorised us over the years.

1 Like

1 Like

I noticed those too. It was a 50-50 game from Parish.