#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Ahh the same source that read what Dylan Shiel said about training. And how mozzie was focussing on yr 12 over footy?

This source claims to have direct knowledge of the matter, however their reliability is questionable hence why I deem it ā€œunprovenā€. I for one wonā€™t read into too much however I do believe other clubs will be interested as he keeps being overlooked for the best 22.

1 Like

Other clubs interested in fringe player with plenty of potential.

What a shock

3 Likes

Not if we keep dropping him for Myers he isnā€™t

Many people in this forum donā€™t believe he has much upside, contrary to that view

Those people are wrong imo, and Iā€™d suggest yesterday illustrated it.

5 Likes

He has rarely been overlooked so far playing for us so not sure why you say that?

You can blame John Worsfold when this happens.

We will be lucky to keep 1 of Francis and Parish

1 Like

Why? Parish has barely missed a game and Francis was not up to AFL for most of his time with us and has really only come good the second half of last year but is still inconsistent and developing.

If we lose them it has nothing to do with some perceived mistreatment.

3 Likes

Parish has been dropped twice this year, Francis once. Whilst other players are given multiple chances.

Plenty of other teams will be telling them, come here and you will play all 22 games

Parish deserved to be dropped, so did Francis. They werenā€™t dropped because they were awesome and so are hard done by, they were dropped because they were pretty bad and needed to go back down and focus more.

And NO TEAM, not a single one, will promise a young guy a guaranteed 22 games a year without dropping them. That is just a ridiculous statement.

1 Like

We will never know if Parish and others can be good consistently, because we never play them consistently in their best positions.

6 Likes

Blitz: we really need Woosha to change things up, move players around, do more.

Blitz: we should play this player only in the one position

Good one.

2 Likes

Difference between moving players around during the game, versus playing them as inside mids at VFL level, then forward pocket at AFL level.

The one game Parish got dropped for he did not play as an inside mid in the VFL.

Blitz: He one a bad game, drop him for the rest of the year!!!

Blitz: Weā€™ll never know how good he is because they wont play him consistently.

2 Likes

didnā€™t he?

everyone on here was saying he was played Mid and had 35 touches and 5 goals.

A pure inside mid will rarely kick 5 goals in a game, that is usually the realm of the outside mid.

Parish was our best player. My guess: he was doing an audition for trade to Geelong.

7 things we learned from the club site: This article written by Conor Walsh says:

2. Parish must be utilised in the guts

Sounds like Conor Walsh has been reading the "Darcy "Darcy Parish Parish thread posts over the last 24 months.