#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

The contested possessions number can’t be right. I reckon he had 5 really hot quick handballs in the first quarter where he took contact or was under direct pressure

1 Like

I agree. I was just perusing the AFL app and couldn’t help but think WTF?

I find his possession count baffling.

He seems to start on fire and then he hits a wall.

He had 14 half way though the second qtr.

Is it fitness? Role? What changes?

He got torched on the lead out to the wings so many times it was laughable.

Can really football this kid, just needs to be backed in by the stupid heads in the coaching panel.

9 Likes

Don’t recall him in centre bounces after half time?

but then again i was watching the result of under-funding education change the country, soo…

4 Likes

A solid performance, tracking well. Woosha ans the coaches need to stick with him and allow him to flourish in his natural position.

1 Like

There was a couple of times he lead his heart out multiple times over a good 80m distance and was ignored many times. Effort is there msot certainly

7 Likes

Always looks better without Myers in the team. I hope he’s left in the middle and given a chance to thrive.

1 Like

Hurley appeared to deliberately ignore him on good leads several times

1 Like

Hurls lack of confidence in his own kicking hurts us coming out of defence far too often. He’s a great reader of the play but refuses to take the short corridor option.

11 Likes

Was on fire in Q1. Like he was in for a 40 disposal game. Then woosha put him in the forward pocket as punishment for going inboard with a risky kick. Surely not? Thats what it seemed like. No coach drags players these days.

Besides that shocking turn over by foot off half back, I liked his game.

His hands in tight are great.

Please persist Woosha!

4 Likes

I recall two in one quarter within 5 min of each other. It was like he was invisible. Or he is playing a decoy role.

2 Likes

it literally happens every week I have no idea why.

I said this about two weeks ago.

1 Like

No more Zac Clarke please, it’s not good for my blood pressure.

I believe - according to the definitions - If it’s clean, it’s not counted as a contested possession.

Had a 2-3 shanks which cost us dearly early on. Probably deflated his own confidence too.

He had a clean pair of hands and did start well, but dropped his bundle a bit.

Still reckon he’ll be very good for us.

He drops the odd uncontested mark overhead and lacks a bit of reach. Once he cleans that up others will spot him up when he gets in good positions.
I thought he was brilliant in Q1 when he was on the ball. What was it, about 12 disposals. Then disappeared down into the forward line or on the bench.

That has no reason or baring on being ignored…at all. Players don’t stop and think “Oh he drops marks, think I will ignore an obvious lead”. Going forward most of our players tend to just go the bomb inside 50, they often ignore the lead, they did it with Smack a lot too.

1 Like