#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

He takes the game on as requested.
Sometimes this includes the high consequence risky kick into the corridor.
Not easy,

1 Like

The one where Hurley went long to the boundary instead of kicking it 25m to Darcy standing all alone on the edge of the centre square really stood out to me. The kid busts his ■■■■ to get to good spots unattended and yet is routinely ignored in favour of a 50/50 contest in a less dangerous position. Bugs me that it is usually the more experienced players that burn him too.

9 Likes

Hurls only has one thing to his repertoire: get ball, boot long to a contest.

4 Likes

or go backwards even when there is a loose man up ahead

1 Like

Yeh he was everywhere in the 1st,
Then he went too the bench and didnt play on ball again until the second half.

We have strange rotations,
Ill never understand why Afl coaches dont run with the hot hand. If a player is having a blinder in the middle keep him there as long aa possible imo.

Same kinda thing how they take blokes off after they kick a goal. Weird to me.

1 Like

I don’t agree. But I do agree with your comment

Going forward most of our players tend to just go the bomb inside 50

Before the game both Ambrose and Conor were out there practicing low passes, maybe for 10-15 minutes over and over again. Not on the run, not under pressure. But it was good to see.

Fumbling is good.

Woosha believes in equal contribution… all the while having 7 AA’s, a handful of non AA match winners and a few talented youngsters. More than half our team is star studded but I can’t recall one player play a 4 qtr monumental blinder.

1 Like

I guess you could conclude then that if champion data doesn’t count his clearly contested possessions as contested possessions he must be farking awesome

2 Likes

If you pick up a ball off the ground, 100m from another player, that’s contested.

I think CP is pretty rubbish.

1 Like

That’s two things

5 Likes

Smack the kid in the middle and just let him play with freedom ffs, and if they bring in Myers I’m ripping Diggers’ c.ock clean in half.

2 Likes

A THOUSAND BILLION TRILLION TIMES BETTER AND MORE DYNAMIC AND USEFUL IN THE MIDFIELD AS MYERS

Now watch him get dropped.

1 Like

Hang on what? That’s contested but recieving and dishing off a handball when you’re about to get smashed is not?

That’s my understanding: CP is loose ball gets + hard ball gets.

Receiving a handball in traffic and dishing off effectively is not “contested”, because your side already had it and you controlled it.

Hard to find a concrete definition though.

Three things:

1. get ball
  2. decide what to do with it
  3. kick long
2 Likes

Very good first half from Darcy.

6 Likes