#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Our best mid

Dear Darcy,

Please don’t leave.

Signed: everyone who (probably like you yourself), doesn’t want you playing in the forward pocket ever again and reckon you’ll outlast Woosha at EFC by a long way

2 Likes

Why the ■■■■ would they be? Again, they think everyone from west of Werribee wants to go there.

Four quarter performance and one of the few who held his own in what was a dire first 3 quarters.

2 Likes

Was superb tonight. Heppell was in front of him (just) at 1/2 time, but when that final siren sounded, Darcy had pushed ahead of him. BOG. And busted a gut all night. Four quarter game. Well done, Darcy. Head up, son.

9 Likes

Seems everyone knows this but our coaching panel. Pieced from Cal’s write-up on the AFL app.

17 Likes

I feel like he was robbed of a nearly 40 possession game as you had smack/zac/shiel/■■■■■■■ everyone getting in the way of what would’ve been a clean pick up from him and a shoot out handball with no issues.

Jetty McJettington.

‘Big-bodied’ Darc. Worked it out, yet, Woosha?

happens in a lot of games, that and burning him when he leads or finds space

1 Like

He was awesome tonight.

Thats what I thought we recruited. Play him there all the time.

1 Like

IMO Myers did not stand out in the VFL this afternoon.
But yes, he will be back in the 1s next week.

On a night for strong bodied mids this guy got more contested ball and won more clearances than anyone else on the field. Why the fark has he spent so much time rotting on a forward flank this year?

What is his contract status?

If he asks for a trade it is a complete disaster. We’ll get bent over for a late first round pick, at best.

7 Likes

Because one of the biggest Bomber clichĂ©s out there (which I hate) is that we are lacking in ‘big bodied mids’ and that we need ‘big bodied mids to protect the kids’. And because Woosha played one of those big bodied mids for half a dozen games and let him average 15 rank pozzies, while leaving this kid to rot on a HFF or dropping him to the magoos for some confidence boosting learnings.

1 Like

this

will be one of the real football players who leaves in disgust at the end of the year.

1 Like

It was a rhetorical question but thanks for rubbing my nose in that :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome. :blush: Let’s just leave Darcy ‘The Pitbull’ Parish in the guts, shall we?

2 Likes

Plays well in big games, even when nobody else does.

7 Likes

Gonna be a hole in the mid now without Shiel, will give darc a bit of a run at it hopefully

1 Like

Happy to see him improving. Kicking stil a worry but he works hard and is giving a red hot go. Agree he has a huge opportunity now

1 Like