#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Best game l have seen him play for us. Stepped up big time when called upon, and answered the call.

5 Likes

The calls for him being too small to play the inside mid role is ridiculous

Same size as Selwood, Mitchell, (bigger than) Neale etc

He needs to be our first choice inside mid for the rest of the year.

Even if he does leave, we will get fair currency for him. He is an A grade potential inside mid, and will only ever be a B- half forward flanker.

2 Likes

Needs to be chained to to the centre circle. probably the most ā€˜naturalā€™ and intuitive inside mid we have. Surely Parish and THEā€™s games last night marked the end of D Myers?

1 Like

Put Clarke in there with him and watch how much more effective he will be!

7 Likes

Darcy, Darcy "The Pitbullā€™ Parish, Parish.

4 Likes

Starting to think that I should have named my staffy pup Darcy instead of Zac. :joy:

2 Likes

Has a workrate that we desperately need. Ridiculous that he has been dropped so often and that we fear he may leave.

8 Likes

Selwood, Danger etc are closer to the end than start.

They have made an art of picking up early 20 year olds and turning them into good footballers. Darcy fits that bracket.

Darcy doesnā€™t need to be turned into a good footballer. He is one already. Which would be much more apparent to everyone if the coaching staff hadnā€™t had their heads firmly shoved up their collective anuses for the last couple of months.

24 Likes

Going from memory, apart from a couple of handballs that were too short and too fast for the conditions, and a couple of fumbles that were more about him having it spent before he received it rather than the conditions (his hands seemed good enough despite the rain) I donā€™t think you could fault him. And those minor gripes were earlier iirc and he adapted. Stoked for him. And for the team he will improve.

Only thing that worried me about his game was once it dried up his accumulation slowed down alot.

But I did notice he was playing fwd more in the second half so that could be why.

Regretting naming your dog after Zac Clarke?

3 Likes

back to status quo.

We were down two players so less bench time for the mids and having to play fwd youā€™d assume

Great game for Darce, the conditions certainly suited him

2 Likes

Heā€™s stepped his effort up dramatically. I think it was lacking a little at the start of the season but now heā€™s one of our hardest workers. Looks like heā€™s finally becoming the player they expected him to be. The Rory Sloane type.

1 Like

Anuses. What a great word. Words With Friends here I come!

Darcy is a water buffalo.

2 Likes

Plenty of bad from last night and this week, but that was the best Iā€™ve ever seen Parish play. The silver lining with Shiel is Parish has the chance to make the midfield his own. Just leave him in there ffs, just let him play with freedom and none of this forward flank crap.

4 Likes

Should not be dropped for the rest of the season. Was his best performance for us to date last night.

Probably 2 years or more left though.

They also have Constable, Menegola and Fogarty.