#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Should never be brought back to the seniors again. Not ever.

4 Likes

You word good.

1 Like

Thatā€™s going a tad far.

1 Like

iā€™ve never been over the top excited about parish, altho to be fair i think his development has been aweful.

but the last 2 weeks (granted needs to clean up a lil bit of his poessessions) when played as the inside mid so many wanted him to be played as, has probably been the best player by a mile and been one of a handful thatā€™s put in to which you canā€™t question it.

so it begs the question why is it only now that heā€™s being thrown in there ?

2 Likes

If he can get a Zaha type of run he will do okay. He wants to be in the play all the time. He presents all game, not just in junk time. He has had some of his best periods of play when the game is tight with a quarter to go. I like the boy.

1 Like

Heā€™s a beauty always liked him and he hasnā€™t let me down when you compare him to other high draft picks weā€™ve had on our list and still do.
Heā€™s a Colac boy and Cats think they have a god given right to any player that played with the Falcons or comes from the Bellarine.

I can see it now, the club will say weā€™ve traded him for Cats first round pick so we can get back in the draft. You have to give something to get something blah blah. Never mind cats first pick will likely be 17 or 18, weā€™ll just give them a 21 year old pick 5 with 50 uninjured games behind him.

I can see it now, as Iā€™ve lost faith in my club, why havenā€™t they extended his contract yet?

Heā€™s not going to be traded & would absolutely know heā€™s part of future plans so canā€™t see him wanting to go

Myers contract ends this year & Iā€™d say no chance of being offered another year. If Goddard got the chop then Myers ainā€™t being retained.

More inside time for Parish is coming. Iā€™m not too stressed about him playing wing/HFF at times, itā€™s a necessary thing to round out his game.

In terms of Parish playing games/getting opportunity, Smith being out essentially means now heā€™s not being squeezed out of team so I expect him in for remainder of year.

5 Likes

I believe Myers said last year that this would be his last.

And Parish is from Winchelsea, not Colac.

1 Like

We just have to get the kid under contract again. Heā€™s got that 60-70 games under the belt now, from here he should really develop. I hope Woosha saw his performance against Richmond and realised he must be on ball and not on a forward flank/forward pocketā€¦

4 Likes

Actually Wensleydale

From the Python cheese shop sketch?

People have heard of Winchelsea though.

More famous from Wallace and Gromit.

One of the few hard working individuals who can hold his head high.
Onya Darcy, show em how itā€™s done champ.

5 Likes

You do realise that Winch is closer to Geelong? Closer to homeā€¦

but further from his gfā€¦

1 Like

So what will the cats have to offer for him at the end of the year?

Wow, whoā€™d have thought he was an inside Mid.

Hellā€™s bellsā€¦a whole 70 minutes away.

Hopefully nothing. But theyā€™ll be sweating on Kellyā€™s (wifes?) decision.

1 Like

If they loose Kelly Iā€™m not sure we will be able to keep Parish, they will chase hard.