#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

A far, far, bigger problem is what we do with it once we win it. Our structures are pretty poor to me. The way we want to play is with high risk pin point accuacy. But once enough pressure is applied. We turn it over then lose confidence.

We need multiple ways to attack and score, so that we are less predictable.

Our defence is actually pretty good all things considered.

1 Like

images

4 Likes

Sure.

Cut it that way if you like.

Makes the same point.

1 Like

2 Likes

You blokes racking your brains here?

4 Likes

It is a bit of a stretch for some.

1 Like

No, it was Whoosha which did that.

Heā€™s got to give up on that left-foot crossfield kick. I remember three this year that have been disastrous.

Of course,a couple more may have ended well, but you tend to only remember the bad ones.

1 Like

True. he has turned that kicked over about 3 times this year. Probably donā€™t bring it out in the wet but Iā€™m happy for him to keep backing himself.

You can tell that he actually a decent left foot on him unlike Guelfi and a couple of other who just try to check side the ball whenever they are caught on their left foot

The idea is right. Itā€™s actually better than that, because heā€™s one of the few whoā€™ll change the direction of attack, which we need to do.
At least two of those kicks, if not three, were off only one or two steps though - thatā€™s the subtle learnings Iā€™d like to see him make. Heā€™s actually a very good kick with momentum in his run - itā€™s the tired stop & prop kick thatā€™s not coming off

1 Like

Langford very good at this too.

1 Like

I think youā€™ll find it is more correct to say ā€˜It was Woosha what done thatā€¦ goddarnitā€™

Just worked out a pretty crazy statistic.

When Myers plays and Parish is in the side this year Parish is averaging 16.6 touches, and 2 clearances a game.

Without Myers 27 touches and 6 clearances.

A massive difference.

6 Likes

Yeah and that is because they donā€™t play him in the middle with Myers there, they play him on the wing or forward of centre.

1 Like

Geelong will have one the Kelly first rounders for Darcy.

Happy to trade Hurley for some salary cap relief to get Sier. Hopefully Zerk, Francis and Harts can fill the void.

Good thing youā€™re nowhere near our trading then.

18 Likes

Whereā€™s all this talk of Geelong coming from?? Have they publicly came out and said theyā€™re interested? Or we assume since he was born down that way and out of contract. Serious question I havenā€™t heard anything that he wants to leave

No talk of it anywhere, except on BBlitz, and all for the reason you have given.

5 Likes

Thankyou, I thought as much

2 Likes