#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Sign them up - important that these young guns stay on and build something special.

5 Likes

Iā€™m pretty confident he will stay with us. You see the way he plays, the way he gets around his teammates when they kick goals, the joy when he kicks a goal himself. Iā€™m a big fan of what heā€™s producing right now.

9 Likes

So, heā€™s waiting later in the season before beginning talks on a new contract? What is that about? Itā€™s reasonable to think, if heā€™s staying, something wouldā€™ve been agreed to by now. Unless, heā€™s trying to up his market value? BUT, history tells us, whenever a player holds off talks theyā€™re seriously entertaining offers from rival club/s. Some weeks ago Darc said he wanted to stay but wasnā€™t overly convincingā€¦

Started the year fringe best 22 but might end up in our top ten.

Iā€™d hold of contract talks too, big difference in contracts,

10 Likes

Heā€™s just hit a patch of great form. His manager would tell him to build on it over the second half of the season to increase his value before re-signing. Very standard for somebody in Darcyā€™s situation. Iā€™d say the club will put him on another 2 year extension later in the season. In 2 years time if he turns out to be a superstar theyā€™ll have cap space from guys like Hooker and Zaka nearing the end.

4 Likes

Club has been brilliant at keeping the group together - and has finally landed a ā€œbig fishā€. No reason to think we will suddenly have an exodus.

1 Like

Other teams hearing that Parish is not contracted for next year.

22 Likes

Callum Twomey says: Darcy Parish has proven two things to Essendon in the past fortnight: that heā€™s best suited playing as a ball-winning midfielder.

Callum Twomey has proven two things to me:

1. He reads Bomber Blitz. Many on this forum have been saying this since 2017.
  2. Woosha has other priorities, or did until about 2 weeks ago.
3 Likes

Whatā€™s the second thing?

6 Likes

That may also be Darcy comparing the Meerkat

5 Likes

Itā€™s a sellerā€™s meerkatā€¦

2 Likes

Callum has been driving Darcyā€™s bandwagon since before he was drafted, pretty sure he developed a good relationship with Darcy if not his family too.

1 Like

Just ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  NO

7 Likes

Reading that just ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  me off all over again, weā€™ve thrown this season away by not investing in the players we clearly needed to invest in.

You have to wonder what the Sydney game looks like with parish in the middle. What the Saints game would have looked like

3 Likes

Melbourne - ā€œweā€™ll give you more midfield minutesā€

Melbourne lineup round 1 2020 F: Parish - McDonald - Melksham

Agree with most of this, however Heps is still one of our better clearance players. Iā€™d prefer if he stayed onball and played the ā€œMyers-roleā€, similar to how Cotchin switched his role a few years ago.

2 Likes

If Parish does play at Essendon next season, I will eat my hat.

Also, if he doesnā€™t play at Essendon next season I will eat my hat tooā€¦

I just really want to eat my hat.

24 Likes

Are we a better team with Darcy in the midfield? Despite career best stats, we got smashed by Richmond and beat Carlton.

1 Like

Is it a KFC bucket hat?

2 Likes

Or the Richmond gameā€¦ oh