#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

Yeah well I obviously didn’t mention games where we were a no show across the board.

Are you saying “In: Myers” ?

Exactly.
We have the rest of the year to not drop him for Myers, and then the post-season to offer him Zaka money.
And then maybe, maybe he’ll ignore the voices in his ear that say they’d have done that this year, and he’ll be playing finals with them.
One can only hope.

1 Like

No one leaves melbourne for Geelong when youre from Winch. Obvs, Danger went from Adelaide to Geelong, but lives at Moggs.

Melbourne > Moggs > Geelong > Winch > Adelaide

Darcy not the only midfielder out of contract:

Jun 5, 2018 12:45PM

BTV: Clarke re-signs

Young midfielder Dylan Clarke has re-signed for one year, keeping him at the club until the end of 2019.

3 Likes

We’ve got a lot of good players out of contract at seasons end.

Yep, Heppell is one of our better contested ball players and runners - his game against Carlton showed that.

2 Likes

Getting a bit concerning now that Francis, Parish, Redman and D.Clarke are all out of contract come season’s end.

Did we focus too heavily on acquiring players from outside the club (Shiel, Stringer etc.) and forget about what we already had?

I’m almost certain that we will lose 1 minimum.

No we didn’t and Disco made note of that during trade period about managing the TPP with a view of young class player development & re-signings

2 Likes

It could be a major issue if the side won a flag and players are then demanding a lot more $$$ - and yes I’d like us to have that problem. Otherwise they should have a clear plan on how to make the TPP considering players developing and getting more $$$ and players retiring etc

1 Like

It is not always the club that puts contract talks on hold.

Sometimes players (especially young players) time their contract talks to a time when they think they will be at a stage of their development that they have started to show the full worth.

Not to worry mate. Of those guys Parish is the only one with real market value. The others haven’t put together enough football for clubs to bang down the door or make huge offers. Confident we can keep them all pretty easily, unless we plan on targeting somebody else in the trade period.

No - In: Shiel

You post that x journalist reads blitz a bit. But Darcy is Val’s favourite player of that draft. And rated him as the best midfielder in that draft. And has always maintained that position.

Well yes. I actually have no proof whatever that Cal Twomey reads Blitz. I have no idea if he ever read it even once. But really haven’t you learned not to take anything written on this platform seriously?

OK, I didn’t know that. Did he put Darce ahead of Oliver?

I’m confident that we can keep all 4 players at the club.

I’m not confident that the coach will play them.

4 Likes

You’ll never get anywhere on Blitz with specifics like that. You need to be vague, really vague. Then nobody can pin you down.

As it is, if anyone sees you with a hat they’ll know you’re a liar!

2 Likes

If only someone had thought that playing Parish right in the middle and not on a forward flank would be a positive for his football. Amazing. Next thing someone will be telling me will be something absurd like dropping players like Myers or Zaharakis for kids like Clarke can improve the team. That’s crazy talk.

5 Likes

I’m watching round 1 last season. Myers isn’t playing it looks like. Langford and Parish are in the guts, in amongst it, getting their hands on it, laying tackles etc. Commentators are blowing their loads over Parish saying he’s had a huge preseason and this is going to be a good year for him. Both of them end up playing VFL at various points.

I’ve lost the point I was trying to make

But fck me drunk it’s only the end of the first quarter but we’ve had some absolutely shocking F50 entries. Absolutely putrid.

1 Like

When Hurley re-commited during the ban year I seem to recall Twomey’s article on the AFL site mentioning that the hype was building on Bomberblirz that day. Definitely reads Blitz