#3 Darcy "Darcy Parish" Parish - Shiel can play forward pocket instead

So what you’re saying is that the Parish developed a gambling problem while he was stuck on the forward flank and is now getting traded to Collingwoid?

2 Likes

They write it that way because it’s for tomorrow’s paper, but as I’m writing this after midnight… we are playing Hawthorn tonight!

1 Like

3 Likes

RACIST

6 Likes

Haha, i know. Surely if they’re uploading the article on a Friday they could change that one sentence.

None of us realised how much the club has held him back. He’s prematurely aged!

1 Like

Folk pore over these articles looking for the slightest slip up.

“… I’ve really enjoyed my time here and I’ve learnt so much from the relationships I’ve been able to build…”

Past tense. He’s gone.

4 Likes

Fkn typical! Can’t believe Woosha treated him so badly and he hates the club as a result!

2 Likes

To be pedantic, “have + past participle” is present perfect simple tense.

Unfortunately, it still means that he’s going. If he was intent on staying, he’d have used present perfect continuous, e.g. “I’ve really been enjoying my time here…”

Must be because he spent those years from 21 to 24 languishing in the forward pocket.

5 Likes

Leaving aside the “pedantic” stuff ( and thanks for that, I forgot the finer points over the last 65 years ) if he said:

“… I’m really enjoying playing at Essendon and I’m learning so much from the relationships am building…”

There would be less ambiguity. But as we know most footy players do not have a PhD in English semantics.

21, Given what we’ve seen from him over the last few weeks it is pretty exciting to consider the player he’d be when he’s 24.

5 Likes

So is geelong :wink:

1 Like

Sounds like those kowtowing plonkers Woosha and X have created a pretty good environment for young footballers at the Club.

Of course some will continue to announce that Woosha looks disengaged and is not in it for the long haul whilst X only cares about generating profits.

3 Likes

Yep

Hard to reconcile the “Woosha is stuffing around all the youngsters” line with all the youngsters continually opting to stay, even when they’re not playing seniors (or not in their preferred roles).

Maybe having a consistent plan, to steadily work on, is not actually as bad as Blitz would have it.

7 Likes

Geelong are heavily into Coniglio,
Parish is only a backup plan for them.

Gone.

Don’t forget Jackets, who only recruits kids from “good” families.

Funny how fast news travels to some of the most remote parts of Australia. There’s a network of sources out there somewhere !

@Humble_NSW_Fan is one of my sources.

Make of that what you will.

2 Likes

Starting to really come on now. Gaining confidence.

1 Like